Old 01-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Indoor disc golf?

Our local club site has this thread in the forums that gets dusted off on rainy days. I thought dgcr needed one(there probably is one already but I hate using the search feature). So, are there any indoor courses around the country? If not, when I win the lottery, I will open the first. There are enough abandoned malls, factories, and airports around this country, that there is a building out there somewhere that could work.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 75
I don't know if there was a dedicated thread to this topic, but it's been discussed quite a few times. Believe me, this is something I think abot ALOT. I've come to the conclusion that either a large abandoned warehouse or a blimp hangar would work best. Unfortunately, I just think it would be incredibly difficult to make any money off of it (which is why one of us on here needs to hit the lotto like you said).

As far as courses already, the closest I've heard of would be a few indoor mini courses and Crystal City in Missouri. It's in a cave, so that kinda counts.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 1
This has been discussed before in other threads. All of us have the same dream of winning the lotto, or having some big financial backer fund the project. I think it could work, in the right location, and as a mixed use venue.

I was thinking (when I win the lotto, of course) that I'd build the International Disc Golf Training Facility. (Or some other better sounding name) It would be huge, sort of like a mixed gym and mini course rolled into one. All indoors. There would be trainers on hand, and all sorts of technology that would help you improve your game. And obviously, it would also be on a great piece of property, that had a world class, championship course out back.

It's fun to dream of stuff like this...
Old 01-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
isn't this how paul mcbeth is training (in some large warehouse) in the harsh winter of OKC?
Old 01-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 8
Thinking of an old mall turned in to an indoor course, I think that'd be pretty sweet. Could even open up the old food court and such. Not sure how easy it'd be in a financial gain type situation, but if we're all dreaming, I'd be a filthy rich billionaire and wouldn't have to worry about turning a profit, just buy an old mall and open that sucker up. I wonder how easy it'd be to buy the location and "gift" it to the city or county for upkeep.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:44 AM

Courses Played: 12
It would take millions (if not billions) of dollars, but there is a shut down outlet mall in Warenton, MO that would be my ideal spot for an indoor course. It would involve taking out the walls in between stores and using cargo nets to shape lines.

Also, I have a dream of tearing out all of the asphalt in the parking lot and trying to restore that ground into natural prarie land. There are also woods behind the outlet mall. You could create an awesome part wooded/part open outdoor course on the same grounds.

It sure is great having almost all of our courses free to play, but in order to have something like this exist, there needs to be a demand for p2p courses.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

All night glow rounds would be awesome, too. Yea I doubt it would ever be a profit generating business, but we can always dream right?
Old 01-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
I'd like an indoor simulator like golf has for these MN winters, with a few baskets to putt at.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
All night glow rounds would be awesome, too. Yea I doubt it would ever be a profit generating business, but we can always dream right?
Screw glow rounds! If you own a MALL just turn the lights on and rock it all night!!

Old 01-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

But glow rounds are fun...