* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by anstro76 View Post
don't remember the name it was a 20 min drive on I-20 se of atlanta

redan maybe?
Hopefully someone will find it and call you (if it was marked).
Old 08-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
Hopefully someone will find it and call you (if it was marked).
this was over ten years ago
Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 PM

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Playing at Waterworks a few days ago I threw my TM2 Vision into the woods on hole 13, spent about 10 minutes looking for it when I saw what I thought was my disc. Low and behold it was an unmarked GL vision and laying not 2 feet from it was mine. Needless to say I was pretty happy about that one.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 25
Last night threw my new-ish gummy champ valk on a hole and it got eaten by these monster pine trees. Took about a half hour to find - not sure why I thought it would have been a good idea to throw a green disc into pine trees.

Found it then realized I was far enough from the basket that could throw another valk to get to the basket. Thought I was smart and swapped it out for my favorite orange star valk. Orange would be visible.

Threw it and again - in the pine trees. Looked for an hour and found a DX Whippet and a Pro Destroyer. Never found my Valk.

Went back out tonight to look - found a DX Leo and a Star Beast. All 4 in the tree that I swore ate mine.

Never found mine. Three of the 4 were uninked - my Valkyrie was uninked too so I doubt I'll see it again.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 15
^^^ played yesterday while it was sprinkling. made the mistake of throwing my glo valk. the sun comes out and is reflecting off the moisture on every leaf so everything looked like a shiny glo disc. looked for over 30 min. before finding it
Old 08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
I did something funny today. I was playing cedar hills with a friend and a ouple of guys were ahead of us, they left a dx beast near hole 9 and I picked up to give back. We were about to tee off on 12 and I yelled asking if they left one behind, I guess they didn't hear me. So I threw it in 13's fairway for them to find, and hopefully confuse the crap out of them.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.2
Courses Played: 88
I lost my first disc dye today and it made no sense.... my 150 Champion Leopard.

#10 at Green County DGC is a straight downhill shot through the woods. I threw a straight shot down the pipe. We actually thought it was going to park by the basket but it hit a tree and shot straight down.

It didn't kick right or left. It went straight at the base of the tree. On the tee pad I had no worries that I would't find it. I watched the entire flight, the tree hit, the bounce at the base of the tree.

My partner Austin threw his brand new Green star Tbird and it yanked straight to the left in to some thick woods and briars. It was so new he hadn't put his name on it.

After about an hour of looking we finally decided to give up and keep on playing.

After the round I put up a note hoping whoever finds them will give me a call.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredVegasDGC View Post
I lost my first disc dye today and it made no sense.... my 150 Champion Leopard.

#10 at Green County DGC is a straight downhill shot through the woods. I threw a straight shot down the pipe. We actually thought it was going to park by the basket but it hit a tree and shot straight down.

It didn't kick right or left. It went straight at the base of the tree. On the tee pad I had no worries that I would't find it. I watched the entire flight, the tree hit, the bounce at the base of the tree.

My partner Austin threw his brand new Green star Tbird and it yanked straight to the left in to some thick woods and briars. It was so new he hadn't put his name on it.

After about an hour of looking we finally decided to give up and keep on playing.

After the round I put up a note hoping whoever finds them will give me a call.
I'm the most honest discer you'll ever meet, but I'm pretty sure I'd keep that disc if I found it. Best dye job ever.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mart View Post
I'm the most honest discer you'll ever meet, but I'm pretty sure I'd keep that disc if I found it. Best dye job ever.
I'd say a killer dye job.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmchavis View Post
Last night threw my new-ish gummy champ valk on a hole and it got eaten by these monster pine trees. Took about a half hour to find - not sure why I thought it would have been a good idea to throw a green disc into pine trees.

Found it then realized I was far enough from the basket that could throw another valk to get to the basket. Thought I was smart and swapped it out for my favorite orange star valk. Orange would be visible.

Threw it and again - in the pine trees. Looked for an hour and found a DX Whippet and a Pro Destroyer. Never found my Valk.

Went back out tonight to look - found a DX Leo and a Star Beast. All 4 in the tree that I swore ate mine.

Never found mine. Three of the 4 were uninked - my Valkyrie was uninked too so I doubt I'll see it again.
Played same hole again tonight - still no Valk, but I did find a Star Katana and a DX Valk in the same tree. That's some disc eating pines there.

So far a 6-to-1 trade.