Old 10-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 15
found a roc no name/number sweet stamp..@ northside park gainesville. if by any chance you read this leave a note. i'm up there almost every day

Old 10-10-2012, 02:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
At leauge night last night, i ended up losing 2 discs. A purple wraith in a tree. I couldnt see it, as it was getting dark out. Then on one of the last holes, I didnt pay attention to the disc I grabbed for teeing off. Instead of grabbing a midrange, I grabbed my putter. The drive was worse than normal, and I lost it in the water.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 AM

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by anstro76 View Post
don't remember the name it was a 20 min drive on I-20 se of atlanta

redan maybe?
sounds like redan. it's a sort of tunnel shot with woods on the left and right. when i played, my friend lost one of his borrowed discs on this hole as well. luckily it was an old dark purple katana i had no use for.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 49
Ive written my name and number on discs for 15 years, Ive probably lost 50 and never gotten a call back...until a couple weeks ago, i left a star BB aviar putter in the basket on the last hole of a course i almost never play. I realized it after about an hour while i was at home watching t.v. I just considered it gone until a buddy i haven't talked to in a few years calls and says "hey, I just found your putter in the basket a the park" he says " couldn't believe when I saw your name and number on it". so I got lucky and had one returned to me...first one ever.

I have friends who have disc golfed for 20+ years and say its pointless to write your info on your disc. They say it just makes them worth less when you sell or trade them and no-body ever returns them anyway...sadly this is true 99.99% of the time.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry C View Post
Ive written my name and number on discs for 15 years, Ive probably lost 50 and never gotten a call back...until a couple weeks ago, i left a star BB aviar putter in the basket on the last hole of a course i almost never play. I realized it after about an hour while i was at home watching t.v. I just considered it gone until a buddy i haven't talked to in a few years calls and says "hey, I just found your putter in the basket a the park" he says " couldn't believe when I saw your name and number on it". so I got lucky and had one returned to me...first one ever.

I have friends who have disc golfed for 20+ years and say its pointless to write your info on your disc. They say it just makes them worth less when you sell or trade them and no-body ever returns them anyway...sadly this is true 99.99% of the time.
Question is, would your friend have called the number if it had been someone he didn't know? :-/
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry C View Post

Maybe we have more honest disc golfers where I live. We have a few places to check for lost and found discs in the valley, depending on where you play. They dont call you, but they have a lost and found list on the corresponding websites. The only ones I havent got back were the ones lost in the middle of the lakes on really bad throws, and possibly the purple wraith I just lost. Ive had about a75% return rate in Phoenix metro area. I always call the person when I find the disc with a number. If it just has a name I turn it into one of the lost and founds. The lost and found places give a dollar or two to the person who found it, then the person who claims it pays a dollar or two for the recovery fee. If they have a number I call them first so they can avoid the dollar fee.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:31 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicko View Post
Maybe we have more honest disc golfers where I live. We have a few places to check for lost and found discs in the valley, depending on where you play. They dont call you, but they have a lost and found list on the corresponding websites. The only ones I havent got back were the ones lost in the middle of the lakes on really bad throws, and possibly the purple wraith I just lost. Ive had about a75% return rate in Phoenix metro area. I always call the person when I find the disc with a number. If it just has a name I turn it into one of the lost and founds. The lost and found places give a dollar or two to the person who found it, then the person who claims it pays a dollar or two for the recovery fee. If they have a number I call them first so they can avoid the dollar fee.
I like the dollar reward / dollar retrieval fee concept. But most of the courses I play don't have any sort of central entity who could serve as a lost and found. DGCourseReview.com should develop a resource like this on their site. I mean, this forum thread is one thing, but an actual, searchable, dedicated resource for lost and found discs would be great. Assuming sufficient user participation. DGCourseReview.com has an area on their dashboard where members can add discs to a personal "lost" list, but I don't see any way for others to really search this. And there is certainly no "found" disc area that I can find beyond threads like this one. I am tempted to build a separate web site for exactly this purpose.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Eagle Member

It started out that a disc golf store in the valley had the lost and found in the store, which was right next to a disc course. Some of the other courses in Phoenix have their own disc golf websites which usually include a lost and found as well. Some of the websites even link up to the lost and found on the other websites. You may have to check a few sites, but worth it if you find your discs.

Last edited by Psicko; 10-12-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
I found a pink disc with a tourney stamp on hole #17 at Harry Myers with an indecipherable signature and a PDGA #. I believe it is a Destroyer. Let me know the specifics and I'll get it back to you.

Also, I reached in my bag today and discovered my clear/white Z-Flick was missing. Of course, it doesn't have my name/number in it but it's one of my faves. I don't know when I lost it but it was prolly at HMP. If anyone found it, PLEASE contact me.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 166
Gauche Park, Hole 1: Unfortunately lost a peach dragon that had to skip less than 15' to the right of the first pin. Searched about 15 minutes, but couldn't stay.Info is on it, & I've got a couple of guys who live right there say they'd keep an eye out for it, but... you know the drill, thanks!