Old 10-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Missing:

Last seen flying high and right on hole 14 at North Charlotte Regional DGC in Port Charlotte Florida on Wednesday Oct. 24th. Orc kept going higher and farther right until it crashed a huge palm tree and vanished. If you should find him please contact me or just get it to thrembo. and thrembo.... if you find it just go ahead and keep it. I can make another
I did find a lightly used champ valk with no name or number which offsets my loss some as I carry a few valks (and now one more) anyways. I just hadn't planned on trading the course a custom dye for a new disc.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 51
Lost my first disc all year the other day. My blue swirly, pearly Northman. I was just starting to really love that disc when I wrist rolled off 18 at Buchmiller. Thanks to the ridiculous glide of westside plastic it just kept sailing deep into the gully on the otherside of the road. I really hope somebody is honest and calls the number on that guy, cuz I love that disc!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:10 PM

I lost a Tim Selinske US Masters Orange X Out Katana at Hudson Mills in Dexter, Michigan last sunday (10/21/12. on hole D of the original course (past the basket in the tall grass) I didn't have my name or number on it. It was my favorite, furthest flying disc and I am devastated as it was a unique X out disc that I can't replace. If anybody has found it or finds it in the future I would be thrilled and very thankful to get it back!!! There would be a reward (in the form of a disc) if somebody comes across it. Thank you, sincerely, Bummed out Disc Golfer missing the only disc he can throw 400 feet!!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:17 PM

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: LHBH
luckiest nearly lost disc i have ever had / heard anyone have

i was playing in dekalb ill and threw a disc right over the river that goes along the back side but hit a tree right as it was coming down. my disc( champ orc) landed flat on the water and created a pocket of air and it was just floating on the top of the water out in the river. i have thrown and seen people throw discs in water tons of times and have never even seen this come close to happening. i was so pumped that is my fave disc. has this ever happened to anyone else?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 14
Booradly, I have done this before! I was so very happy it happened as well. The last time I played Flyboy with a bunch of dgcr guys I was lucky enough not to lose a disc in the water.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 24
I've done that before with a star wraith.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:39 AM

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giv'r View Post
I've done that before with a star wraith.

nice i was going to try to take a pic of mine but i was super worried that it would hit something and sink so i just rushed to get it out as fast as i could
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Just got a call from a dude I sometimes group up with at the park. He found my champ leo that I lost last summer. Stoked to get it back.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:32 PM

I never lost a disc permanently. I lost one that I had returned to me by a friend the next day.

Awhile back though me and a friend were at our local park not an actual course just a park playing a round. He had a big high soaring throw that looked like it landed in the grass in a corner of the park. It simply vanished. This one still bothers me because there was maybe a 20 foot by 20 foot square of blank grass where it could have landed and it just vanished. That was months ago and every time I am there I give that corner a little look over just in case. I would love to solve this mystery even though it's not my disc because it is so bizarre. Anybody ever have anything like this happen?

Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by booradly View Post
nice i was going to try to take a pic of mine but i was super worried that it would hit something and sink so i just rushed to get it out as fast as i could
I had this happen to me except like 25 feet on in a river. So I jump in and as I do my sandal sinks in the mud and as I pull it out it comes off. I was lunging towards my disc so I decide to keep going. I get the disc back, come back to shore and dig through muck trying to find my sandal. I didn't get it back but I did find a nice Star Teebird.