#1151  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Okie-J's Avatar
Okie-J Okie-J is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OKC
Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 535
Hey somebody....I found your Ace disc yesterday at Will Rogers Park in OKC. It was at sundown and there wasn't many of us there.

It's clear pinkish red.
Reply With Quote
  #1152  
Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Glastenbury Glastenbury is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
I bought a used sparkle opto core today at PIAS. My first core. Four short thows later...gone. Lost in a 50 ft sq patch of cedars and briars. Two hour search. Not found. Ridiculous! Thank goodness it had owner contact info on it. Too bad it was the previous owners info!! Just as funny/ stupid is that I'm going to go search again. Totally not worth it, I know.
Reply With Quote
  #1153  
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Micronaut's Avatar
Micronaut Micronaut is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glastenbury View Post
I bought a used sparkle opto core today at PIAS. My first core. Four short thows later...gone. Lost in a 50 ft sq patch of cedars and briars. Two hour search. Not found. Ridiculous! Thank goodness it had owner contact info on it. Too bad it was the previous owners info!! Just as funny/ stupid is that I'm going to go search again. Totally not worth it, I know.
I know the feeling. I still look for my green blizzard Katana whenever I play Santa Anita Park where I lost it. I don't spend hours looking, but I always stare into the water around hole 2 when I'm there hoping I'll spot it. It has my digits on it, but so far no calls. As you say, not worth it, but I just can't help myself.
Reply With Quote
  #1154  
Old 11-15-2012, 02:26 PM
booradly's Avatar
booradly booradly is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: wheaton
Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronaut View Post
I know the feeling. I still look for my green blizzard Katana whenever I play Santa Anita Park where I lost it. I don't spend hours looking, but I always stare into the water around hole 2 when I'm there hoping I'll spot it. It has my digits on it, but so far no calls. As you say, not worth it, but I just can't help myself.
if you throw a green disc u deserve to lose it
Reply With Quote
  #1155  
Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Micronaut's Avatar
Micronaut Micronaut is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by booradly View Post
if you throw a green disc u deserve to lose it
It's very bright green. And I didn't lose it in the grass, but in the water where it should be quite visible. ::shrugs::
Reply With Quote
  #1156  
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM
teamtexas's Avatar
teamtexas teamtexas is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Central Texas
Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 25
Well it's not a loss, but it was close. My driver wound up at the top of one of the tallest trees in the park today. I could just make it with a rock but couldn't seem to hit the right spot. So up the tree I went. Got about half way up and was able to shake the **** (and disc) out of it. It cost me a shirt though, and a chest full of scratches. I may be getting too old for tree climbing.

Dan
Reply With Quote
  #1157  
Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Micronaut's Avatar
Micronaut Micronaut is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 103
Just found a putter in the water near the first bridge at Santa Anita Park. Excellent condition. It has no ink at all, so I can't call the owner. If you lost a putter in this area, PM me with the model and color. If they match, I will gladly arrange a return.
Reply With Quote
  #1158  
Old 11-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Monkeypaws's Avatar
Monkeypaws Monkeypaws is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE Minnesota
Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,793
Well, having been saved by trees twice in the last week, they took one away today: a beat-up, unmarked, old DX Valkyrie I found in the woods at St Mary's a couple weeks ago. I was playing a lakeside hole at the Willows, and my drive hit the trunk of a tree and sailed about 35 feet into the lake.

Easy come, easy go.
Reply With Quote
  #1159  
Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 PM
AdmiralQuack AdmiralQuack is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Menomonie,WI
Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Well, having been saved by trees twice in the last week, they took one away today: a beat-up, unmarked, old DX Valkyrie I found in the woods at St Mary's a couple weeks ago. I was playing a lakeside hole at the Willows, and my drive hit the trunk of a tree and sailed about 35 feet into the lake.

Easy come, easy go.
I did made a similar mistake last time I was there, same hole, same tree (probably), but luckily my disk dove into the mud on the edge, only a small part still visible. I built a path on the mud with wood chunks, found a long stick and pried it out. Lucky me, it was my ace Wraith!
Reply With Quote
 

  #1160  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Monkeypaws's Avatar
Monkeypaws Monkeypaws is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE Minnesota
Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralQuack View Post
I did made a similar mistake last time I was there, same hole, same tree (probably), but luckily my disk dove into the mud on the edge, only a small part still visible. I built a path on the mud with wood chunks, found a long stick and pried it out. Lucky me, it was my ace Wraith!
How many sports offer you chances at engineering as you play?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.