Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hey somebody....I found your Ace disc yesterday at Will Rogers Park in OKC. It was at sundown and there wasn't many of us there.

It's clear pinkish red.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 PM

I bought a used sparkle opto core today at PIAS. My first core. Four short thows later...gone. Lost in a 50 ft sq patch of cedars and briars. Two hour search. Not found. Ridiculous! Thank goodness it had owner contact info on it. Too bad it was the previous owners info!! Just as funny/ stupid is that I'm going to go search again. Totally not worth it, I know.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glastenbury View Post
I bought a used sparkle opto core today at PIAS. My first core. Four short thows later...gone. Lost in a 50 ft sq patch of cedars and briars. Two hour search. Not found. Ridiculous! Thank goodness it had owner contact info on it. Too bad it was the previous owners info!! Just as funny/ stupid is that I'm going to go search again. Totally not worth it, I know.
I know the feeling. I still look for my green blizzard Katana whenever I play Santa Anita Park where I lost it. I don't spend hours looking, but I always stare into the water around hole 2 when I'm there hoping I'll spot it. It has my digits on it, but so far no calls. As you say, not worth it, but I just can't help myself.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:26 PM

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronaut View Post
I know the feeling. I still look for my green blizzard Katana whenever I play Santa Anita Park where I lost it. I don't spend hours looking, but I always stare into the water around hole 2 when I'm there hoping I'll spot it. It has my digits on it, but so far no calls. As you say, not worth it, but I just can't help myself.
if you throw a green disc u deserve to lose it
Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradly View Post
if you throw a green disc u deserve to lose it
It's very bright green. And I didn't lose it in the grass, but in the water where it should be quite visible. ::shrugs::
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM

Courses Played: 24
Well it's not a loss, but it was close. My driver wound up at the top of one of the tallest trees in the park today. I could just make it with a rock but couldn't seem to hit the right spot. So up the tree I went. Got about half way up and was able to shake the **** (and disc) out of it. It cost me a shirt though, and a chest full of scratches. I may be getting too old for tree climbing.

Dan
Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Par Member

Just found a putter in the water near the first bridge at Santa Anita Park. Excellent condition. It has no ink at all, so I can't call the owner. If you lost a putter in this area, PM me with the model and color. If they match, I will gladly arrange a return.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
Well, having been saved by trees twice in the last week, they took one away today: a beat-up, unmarked, old DX Valkyrie I found in the woods at St Mary's a couple weeks ago. I was playing a lakeside hole at the Willows, and my drive hit the trunk of a tree and sailed about 35 feet into the lake.

Easy come, easy go.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Well, having been saved by trees twice in the last week, they took one away today: a beat-up, unmarked, old DX Valkyrie I found in the woods at St Mary's a couple weeks ago. I was playing a lakeside hole at the Willows, and my drive hit the trunk of a tree and sailed about 35 feet into the lake.

Easy come, easy go.
I did made a similar mistake last time I was there, same hole, same tree (probably), but luckily my disk dove into the mud on the edge, only a small part still visible. I built a path on the mud with wood chunks, found a long stick and pried it out. Lucky me, it was my ace Wraith!

Old 11-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralQuack View Post
I did made a similar mistake last time I was there, same hole, same tree (probably), but luckily my disk dove into the mud on the edge, only a small part still visible. I built a path on the mud with wood chunks, found a long stick and pried it out. Lucky me, it was my ace Wraith!
How many sports offer you chances at engineering as you play?