Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by booradly View Post
if you throw a green disc u deserve to lose it
Being that where I live the grass is seldom green, that would actually be a good color to throw. Now a light brown disc...
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
How many sports offer you chances at engineering as you play?
Not too many that I've been involved in.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
So over the past two days I have found 2 very nice drivers while looking for my lost green blizzard katana at Santa Anita Park. 1 blue star katana and 1 clear opto halo. Both had numbers, and I've contacted both owners to arrange returns. I'm building up lots of good karma, but so far no luck getting mine back. :-[ I hate to think that some a$$hole has it and isn't calling my number. Or that some dumpster diver turned it in for recycling. :-p Well, happy Thanksgiving all. :-/
Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Par Member

Found one more disc today; this time in the water between holes 5 and 7 at Santa Anita park. It has no ink and it's in good condition. Althought it was so slimy that I think it's been in there for a long time. Anyway, since it has no name or number, just PM me if you've lost a driver in this area; tell me the disc's details, and if they match, I will return it to you. Cheers!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:04 PM

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 24
Unhappy

I am heartbroken!!!! I lost my favorite disc today 11/23/12 at Bradford Park, in North Carolina. It was my very first disc, Innove pro Valkyrie yellow in color. If you find it please call number on disc i would greatly appreciate it. It makes me soooo sad.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 PM

Courses Played: 78
Throwing Style: LHBH
lost m blue z stalker today well i did not really lose it i lent it to my brother for the round. he asked if he could use it but was really hesitant to let him on his second throw with it threw it into a pond to the left of the easy pad on hole 2 at indian hills community college if you have the means to find it / get it out keep it is an awesome disc and i just want it to get used
Old 11-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 177
Thank you Micronaut: I too wish I would get more calls on my lost babies

You're doing the right thing, and I'm happy to keep glancing through this thread with hope. I've had one really great guy (J-FO on gcfda) get a disc back to me once, and I really appreciated it!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
Thank you Micronaut: I too wish I would get more calls on my lost babies

You're doing the right thing, and I'm happy to keep glancing through this thread with hope. I've had one really great guy (J-FO on gcfda) get a disc back to me once, and I really appreciated it!
This whole lost and found thing started out as a pet peeve, and has gradually developed into a full blown personal crusade for me. Good to see others out there on the same wavelength. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 80
Kinda crazy disc loss story. I lost an old beat up DX valkyrie. not an amazing disc, but my go to tommy, thumber, roller disc, i've also had it for 4 years. left it at hole #11 at College of the Redwoods, threw a second and forgot it, (my bad) went back later and it was already gone. 5 WEEKS later im playing at cooper's. find a 10 time BS Beast. call the guy and his brother comes down to get it. i ended up playing with the guy played out the last 2 holes with us, right as we are walking away the guy he reaches into a bush and pulls out my Valk!!! "Are you (my name here)?" WTF instant karma i had written that disc off. i walked right next to it twice that day already! and he just happened to find it.

point being, i always make an effort to return discs, i just mailed a disc to a guy in Pennsylvania. and as it turns out I find a ridiculous amount of discs. i have pulled 10 in one day from the pond at CR. only 3 had names. 7 with no ink. This just walking on the edge of the pond.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Par Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmonster1985 View Post
Kinda crazy disc loss story. I lost an old beat up DX valkyrie. not an amazing disc, but my go to tommy, thumber, roller disc, i've also had it for 4 years. left it at hole #11 at College of the Redwoods, threw a second and forgot it, (my bad) went back later and it was already gone. 5 WEEKS later im playing at cooper's. find a 10 time BS Beast. call the guy and his brother comes down to get it. i ended up playing with the guy played out the last 2 holes with us, right as we are walking away the guy he reaches into a bush and pulls out my Valk!!! "Are you (my name here)?" WTF instant karma i had written that disc off. i walked right next to it twice that day already! and he just happened to find it.

point being, i always make an effort to return discs, i just mailed a disc to a guy in Pennsylvania. and as it turns out I find a ridiculous amount of discs. i have pulled 10 in one day from the pond at CR. only 3 had names. 7 with no ink. This just walking on the edge of the pond.
Nice story. Glad you got it back.