Disc Golf Store
Old 11-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmonster1985 View Post
Kinda crazy disc loss story. I lost an old beat up DX valkyrie. not an amazing disc, but my go to tommy, thumber, roller disc, i've also had it for 4 years. left it at hole #11 at College of the Redwoods, threw a second and forgot it, (my bad) went back later and it was already gone. 5 WEEKS later im playing at cooper's. find a 10 time BS Beast. call the guy and his brother comes down to get it. i ended up playing with the guy played out the last 2 holes with us, right as we are walking away the guy he reaches into a bush and pulls out my Valk!!! "Are you (my name here)?" WTF instant karma i had written that disc off. i walked right next to it twice that day already! and he just happened to find it.

point being, i always make an effort to return discs, i just mailed a disc to a guy in Pennsylvania. and as it turns out I find a ridiculous amount of discs. i have pulled 10 in one day from the pond at CR. only 3 had names. 7 with no ink. This just walking on the edge of the pond.
Very nice. Wish I found discs more often, then I could get some more of my lost ones back :P
Old 11-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 7
Well, I regret to say, I've given up on my green blizzard katana. I've found four discs over the past week just by looking into the water whenever I was playing, hoping to find my disc. Just returned one to a guy today. Still waiting for call-backs on the others. Anyway, today I decided to go all out. I figured, hey, I've found everybody else's without even trying, maybe I'll have some luck if I actually try to seek out mine. So I went in the water with waders and a rake, and spent all together too much time mucking around, and didn't find anything! I'm not entirely surprised that my disc didn't turn up, but I'm genuinely surprised to that I came up with nothing. So I'm done. Either it shows up sometime when I'm not trying, or it doesn't. Or maybe someone will find it and call me for a change. But now I will apply myself to finding an identical disc to replace it. So if anyone has a bright green blizzard katana around 148g that they want to sell or trade, drop me a line.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 80
It's half and half

What is sad, I would say half of the people that I have played with make no effort to return discs. From people who just keep them, to this guy who told me he would call but if there was no answer, he wouldn't even leave a message, that was all the effort he would do then keep it. that's freakin crazy. I rarely answer my cell phone. While the other half are straight forward, make an effort to get discs back. But half is a huge number of people not returning discs
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 11
i keep finding wraiths.. dx wraiths with no names.. i am up to 12 now.. I need to tell dick's sporting goods to stop selling them....
Old 12-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2headstalking View Post
i keep finding wraiths.. dx wraiths with no names.. i am up to 12 now.. I need to tell dick's sporting goods to stop selling them....
Or start selling them back to Dicks, so you can make a profit too
Old 12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 45
Exclamation blendon woods lost disc

Welp I lost my first disc today since I've been playing in 5 years. I'm pretty sure my gf saw two dudes who might have got it. We were only a hole in front of them and when I went back to look they were already gone out of the parking lot. Blah. Anyyyyways its a super bright super soft buzzz with a sugarbush stamp on it. Anyone who plays blendon keep an eye out. Ill reward.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHFH
I play there quite a bit.
I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 106
welp im too far away to help
Old 12-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 31
that sucks..... sorry for your loss... will keep an eye out for it Was nice meeting you today

Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 45
Thanks hampstead! Its pretty much my main course I play. Two dudes only holding a couple discs might have had it. They were driving what appeared to be a dark green honda

Thanks dtp! I lost it right after we talked lol. Thanks for keeping an eye out was going to pm ya. Nice meeting you too!