Throwing Style: RHBH

Old 03-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
I was at staying at Bellows AFB (Oahu) at the end of January. They have a 9 hole course (which is actually a 5 hole since 4 holes are fenced off) so I brought a Buzz and a Cyclone so I could play it. On the first day there, my bro and I were tossing my ESP/FLX Buzz around on the beach when a toss went into the water. It sank Immediately of course. I went running in to grab it but the search mission was cancelled by a life guard on account of the beach being closed due to high bacteria levels. So one of my favorite discs was lost on the first day in Hawaii. I had my name and number on it and asked the lifeguards to keep an eye out for it. After a week of no discs washing ashore, I officially tagged it as lost.

A month and a half later, I get a call from Hawaii. A diver who went treasure diving, spotted my disc under a reef somewhere. The current had taken it out to a place the locals call “Garbage Reef”. Dude is mailing it back to me!! Still can’t believe it.
UPDATE! Just got my baby in the mail today. Gave her a fly and shes just like new. A little faded but not warped. Still can't believe I'm holding it again!!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 17
That's amazing! Talk about someone going out of there way to get a disc back to you...ocean diver gives a DGer a call back and some aholes who wade around in a pond for an hour or so can't call people back. That's just sad!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafeston View Post
That's amazing! Talk about someone going out of there way to get a disc back to you...ocean diver gives a DGer a call back and some aholes who wade around in a pond for an hour or so can't call people back. That's just sad!
Yeah pretty sad right? It also helps that %99 of Hawaiians have no idea what Disc Golf is since they have but 1 5 hole course on a restricted military base haha.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 1
Found a Beast at River City Nature Park no phone # if you think it's yours pm the color and hole you think you lost it on. It's gummy too so I'm sure someone is missing it.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 30
I find a lot of discs (sometimes because I am willing to go swimming where others aren't), and it always baffles me when I find a disc with a name but no phone #. Like you really couldn't spend the time to write out 10 extra digits. I do not try to find these people, but I will call or email anyone that writes their # or address.

One time I looked up a PDGA # on a disc I found at Burlington in NC. Lo and behold it was MJ! He was at the tourney where I found the disc, but it was a Viking and he had switched to DC already, so he didn't actually lose it at that tourney, it was just a weird coincidence. I asked him about it next time I saw him at a tourney and he confirmed that he had not lost it at the previous one and told me to keep it. I ended up giving it away to a friend.

Last edited by kerplunk; 04-01-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 30
We were playing manor the other day and a friend of mine found a disc in a tree on the right side of the fairway on hole #8 (it wasn't near the hole on #8 ). I checked it out and it was a proto Prodigy D2 (I think), with what looks very much like Will Schusterick's sig in silver ink on the back. No phone number or email address though, so I don't think it is my friend's responsibility to try to return it. I imagine Will has a ton of these already anyway, and it obviously isn't a disc that has been with him for years. It is a super-sick disc though, and almost brand-new.

So is it cool for my friend to keep it or do you think he should try to get it back to Will? Also, can anyone confirm that Will did in fact lose/leave a disc on #8 in Manor?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 17
Your best bet was probably just to announce on here that you found a disc...and where you found it and have people email you if they think it was theirs..and they could tell you what disc and color, but your kind of already messed some of that up by letting us know what it was!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Par Member

Just lost a 7.5/10 9x Cheetah and a flat top 11x Firebird at Griffin in Norman, Oklahoma. Not the happiest I've been. Threw a special blend Boss and sparkle champ TB back to back into a lake the week before as well. Never thrown a disc in the lake on that hole before, then 2 back to back. I think I need to start using paper plates instead... :/

Old 04-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Lost a team Innova champ roc today at liberty park in Cerritos,CA. Has Bobby Musick's name and PDGA number on it. Be on the lookout I really want it back.