Old 04-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Threw my champ sidewinder into the lake on hole 15 at Deer Lakes on Tuesday, hit a twig on the left and it hyzered right in the middle of the lake, boo. I don't mind losing it, as I only throw discs I don't mind losing on that hole, but it was the first piece of plastic I bought that wasn't dx about 3 years ago, so some sentimental value there, but not much.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.2
Courses Played: 164
Throwing Style: LHBH
Threw my DD-stamped, go-to Star Wraith on a slight lefty hyzer and almost aced #5 at Rooster Rock West, only to see it skip 70' past the basket and 30' into the lake. Fortunately I've got other S Wraiths waiting in the wings, but I really used that disc a lot.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 35
I found a champion Beast at the Terrace Creek course in Mountlake Terrace, Wa on Sat. I give a call to Joe, who lives in Conn., and he tells me he has never played disc golf in the Great Northwest. Someone found and kept his disc and comes out West and loses it on #18 at Terrace. Long strange trip.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkstr View Post
I found a champion Beast at the Terrace Creek course in Mountlake Terrace, Wa on Sat. I give a call to Joe, who lives in Conn., and he tells me he has never played disc golf in the Great Northwest. Someone found and kept his disc and comes out West and loses it on #18 at Terrace. Long strange trip.
That's sad/funny!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 21
Found at Watson Lake in Prescott, AZ on My 3rd: 9v KC PRO Firebird. Called the # to no avail. Has the name Jason "Leppy" in Sharpie on bottom.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:12 PM

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 19
The first time I ever threw a disc into the water hazard at my home course, The Sinks, Chattanooga, TN, I went at it with a rake for almost an hour. Came to the conclusion that the rakes are useless, then got in the water. Found mine plus four or five others. I was hooked! Now I go in the water hazards there about once a week. Normally find 10 plus discs. One day I found over twenty!!! And I would say about 70% of them had ink. Any trace of ink at all and I put them in the drop box. Have even been able to return some without ink!! (Hard to do though.) It really surprizes me how many people don't ink their stuff. That said, I don't put ink on anything I own, because I'm not leaving without it!!! If you are ever missing anything there, get in touch with me!

Now my sad story. Went to Camp Jordan, East Ridge, TN. Threw my favorite disc, a USDGC roc, it kissed a tree and sailed right into the damn river! I stared at the river for a good twenty minutes wishing I had went to the sinks! Much more manageable water. My best friend drowned that day!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Eagle Member

Lost disc @Victor Ashe in Knoxville TN

Played this course for the first time today, visiting from Louisville and teaching a friend how to play. The course was not exactly obvious what hole was next and holy crap does it need mowed!! I lost a green Champion Panther w name and number included. My friend is local so if someone finds it please let me know and my friend said she would get it back for me. It was lost on hole 5 I think (blind hole over a hill) and it was. Relatively open but the grass is way too long and we couldn't find it anywhere. Spent about 15 minutes looking

BTW we did go to Pluto Discs and I picked up a Neutron Ion and an Eclipse Anode. I liked them a lot. Agree Ion flies very similar to my Wizard. Today was my first game in the rain and my first lost disc, started a year ago. If you were one of the few fools out there w us, I was the one in the Utilikilt and a brown fedora heh
Old 05-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 9
Lost my Gold colored Gold line River at Blendon Woods on hole five. Me and the guys with me thought it was a great shot, and should have landed within a few feet of the pin, but we couldn't find it after a good hour of searching... Has ink, but just me drawing boxes and some lines over the former owner's info in the rim. Really was the only good shot I've had with it, so if it doesn't come back, I guess I will live. I like to think that it hit off the basket and skipped deep in the woods where someone will find it in winter and it will be their favorite disc of all time.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 51
Got a story of someone doing the right thing and the wrong thing in the same day! Lost my favorite, perfectly beat in sword at Roland park about a week ago. A guy calls me today and tells me he found it while looking for his disc. I can't make it out to the course for a few hours so I asked him if he would put in the lost disc box and I'll come pick it up when I get there. I get to the course maybe an hour after he leaves and somebody has snatched it out of the box. For some reason this makes me much angrier than if someone had just found it on the course and kept it...

Old 05-07-2013, 10:39 PM

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyledstauffer View Post
Got a story of someone doing the right thing and the wrong thing in the same day! Lost my favorite, perfectly beat in sword at Roland park about a week ago. A guy calls me today and tells me he found it while looking for his disc. I can't make it out to the course for a few hours so I asked him if he would put in the lost disc box and I'll come pick it up when I get there. I get to the course maybe an hour after he leaves and somebody has snatched it out of the box. For some reason this makes me much angrier than if someone had just found it on the course and kept it...
Yeah, I've had someone tell me they saw a couple punks shimming discs out of our drop box at The Sinks after I had just filled it with water hazards discs. You know who you are, and we are not gonna go for S*&# like that in Chattanooga. Let me see someone doing it! Also glad I have a phone now so I can just get them back in person as much as possible.