Old 06-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Had to go for an ace run at The Players Club DGC (Alum Creek) on #11. Skipped up, missed the basket and went for a swim in the deep water behind the pin. I guess my river with the fish dye wanted to get back to the water. If anyone happens to be there when water levels are down you'll fish at least 3 discs that I know of out of that very spot.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:49 PM

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 24
Found a tye-dye Discraft Avenger at Red Oak DGC today on hole #3.

If anyone is missing it or knows who is PM me and identify what it says on the back (unfortunately not a phone number) and I will get it back to you.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBoyMN View Post
Found a tye-dye Discraft Avenger at Red Oak DGC today on hole #3.

If anyone is missing it or knows who is PM me and identify what it says on the back (unfortunately not a phone number) and I will get it back to you.
LOL DAMMIT SO CLOSE. Lost a TI Wasp Colorshift on 4 last night. Off to the right side. Definitely didn't go in the drink, but didn't realize how dense it is over there.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:45 PM

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneberg View Post
LOL DAMMIT SO CLOSE. Lost a TI Wasp Colorshift on 4 last night. Off to the right side. Definitely didn't go in the drink, but didn't realize how dense it is over there.

Do you have your name/number on it? I play out there a lot and I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: LHBH
When You Find A Disc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKv0RkUS7u4

Just curious what people think about this video and what this guy says. This is not me.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 163
This topic has been beaten to death, but I'll keep on saying: the disc golf community may earn more respect if we hold ourselves to a higher ethical standard. When I find a disc, I always do everything within reason to get it back to its rightful owner: the person that paid for it. It doesn't matter to me if they inked it or not. I'll post it in online lost & founds (here & at the local club). I'll leave it in the course lost & found if there is one. Obviously, if it is inked, I'm going to call.
What this 'gentleman' does not recognize is that the disc may have been lost per tournament 3 minute rule (the player had to move on and came back later but couldn't find it). Some folks have jobs or other real-life responsibilities and have to give up when it gets too dark to find a disc... Any number of reasons...
It doesn't mean 'finders keepers'. That's just selfishness.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 59
When I find a disc if there is a # on it I'll call it & anyone I run into on the course I ask if its theirs. If I cannot find its owner I keep it, but most of the time I get a phone call/ back (assuming there's a number on the disc). But if it isn't inked & I cant find its owner on the course I keep it. You'd be surprised how many times people have offered me $ because I found their disc or gave me a different one. Karma...that's all I gotta say.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBoyMN View Post
Do you have your name/number on it? I play out there a lot and I'll keep an eye out for it.
Yep. PDGA# as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 51
Unfortunately the internet is like a digital bathroom wall - people can write/say whatever they want. This guy has used his bathroom wall space to spew garbage advice and should have his internet privileges revoked. He seems to be entirely too attached to shiny round pieces of plastic.

Not sure I understand his logic - how is it easier to go home, go online, look up someone's pdga number then call them...instead of just calling a phone number? Then again, dont know why I'm looking for logic in this vid. His theory of finding difficulty to keeping ratio did give me a chuckle though.

Last edited by kyledstauffer; 06-24-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 18
That guy is a total dildo. If there's a number on the disc, you call it. If you're fishin through a swamp just to find discs and not return them, that also makes you a dick. Finding discs, coloring over names and numbers without trying to return them is terrible. Poachers deserve to shoot double bogeys on every hole. I don't lose discs very often at all, in fact it's probably been 6 months since I did but it burns me up when I don't get it back or find it in the lost and found.