Old 06-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor professor View Post
That guy is a total dildo. If there's a number on the disc, you call it. If you're fishin through a swamp just to find discs and not return them, that also makes you a dick. Finding discs, coloring over names and numbers without trying to return them is terrible. Poachers deserve to shoot double bogeys on every hole. I don't lose discs very often at all, in fact it's probably been 6 months since I did but it burns me up when I don't get it back or find it in the lost and found.
Meh, the way i look at it if you found my disc in some deep ass water or in some mud pit that I'd never step foot in its your disc.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon102 View Post
Meh, the way i look at it if you found my disc in some deep ass water or in some mud pit that I'd never step foot in its your disc.
And I would likely tell him to keep it but I don't feel that the finder making that decision is right. People that go through water hazards to build their bags for free or sell off the discs are the kind of folks We don't need on our courses. They're the same dudes that throw beer bottles on the groun instead of trash cans. The main problem is that these folks don't give 2 sh!ts about anybody but themselves. It's a principle thing for me.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Par Member

Honestly I'd be way more pissed about the littering. Disks come and go but a clean golf course is priceless. I give my friends **** all the time about littering, they even called me captain planet for a while lol.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
My son threw his beloved River into the lake today, and this time it didn't come out.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
My son threw his beloved River into the lake today, and this time it didn't come out.
Aren't rivers supposed to flow into lakes?
Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor professor View Post
And I would likely tell him to keep it but I don't feel that the finder making that decision is right. People that go through water hazards to build their bags for free or sell off the discs are the kind of folks We don't need on our courses. They're the same dudes that throw beer bottles on the groun instead of trash cans. The main problem is that these folks don't give 2 sh!ts about anybody but themselves. It's a principle thing for me.
I think most of us would tell a guy to keep a disc if we weren't willing to swim/wade/get terribly nasty, etc. to find a disc, but I totally agree that I don't think the finder should make that decision without making at least some sort of effort to return.

I found a disc the other day, no name or number, but it did have something written on it so I posted here and put up a notice on the course bulletin board. If I don't hear from someone to claim it in a week or so I'll probably either A) give it to my brother who I'm trying to get interested in playing or B) donate it to some new player I see on the course.

I'm a firm believer in disc karma.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:06 PM

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 3
I'm a newb and it wasn't an expensive disc, but I lost my new DX Leopard the other day, along with my pair of Oakley Gascans. I'm a lot more upset about the Oakleys.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBoyMN View Post
I think most of us would tell a guy to keep a disc if we weren't willing to swim/wade/get terribly nasty, etc. to find a disc, but I totally agree that I don't think the finder should make that decision without making at least some sort of effort to return.

I found a disc the other day, no name or number, but it did have something written on it so I posted here and put up a notice on the course bulletin board. If I don't hear from someone to claim it in a week or so I'll probably either A) give it to my brother who I'm trying to get interested in playing or B) donate it to some new player I see on the course.

I'm a firm believer in disc karma.
I taped something to that bulletin board back in March about a lost disc. It was still there on Sunday, but I can guarantee my Vector is long gone.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHFH
Lost a Pro D XL today. While doing field work. I need to find a field without tall weeds and such around it. It was at Fort Yargo State Park, in the open area by the tennis courts, for those who've been there. I'm sure it went in about halfway on the left side, but it disappeared. Light blue, my name is on the back.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 79
Lost a purple gold line Fury at #12 at townlake in mckinney, I knew it was a bad throw leaving my hand, then it hit a tree and went AWOL on the left hand side of the fairway. Searched around for a while until I ran into a snake then decided it wasn't worth searching anymore.