Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 PM

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 24
Lost a white Gateway Speed Demon on hole #7 at Red Oak tonight. Didn't look terrible from the tee until it banged a tree and kicked hard right into the thick woods.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Lost a wasp at Red Oak 9 days ago. Got a call yesterday from a guy who had just found it in Wisconsin. Apparently my discs precede me. I'll be in Wisconsin tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 14
I have a funny hopefully good ending found disc story. I went and played Water Works here in Kansas City yesterday around 5 or so. Me and my buddy were playing hole 4 and I look up to 6 and notice they are looking for a disc that went down the hill. I do a quick look around and don't see anything. We catch up to them and they ask if we found a disc and we didn't. Fast forward to a few hours later, I call up my buddy and while we're talking about the days events he tells me he found a fury on hole 4 in the brush at water works. I describe what they described to me and he tells me yeah in a kind of questioning voice and I explain the situation.lol
So hopefully the gentleman that lost the disc is on here or my local forums and I can get his disc back to him, describe the disc and We'll make arrangements. No name or number on it unfortunately. Just thought it was kind of funny that I didn't find it but luckily one of my friends did and I just happened to be in the know about it.lol
Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 16
someone returned my nicely seasoned blue gl pain today. awesome.

gave him 5$ and a first run mace i dyed; i never use it.

sad to say goodbye to this beauty, but hey. my fault for letting him choose, lol. i can always dye more. :3

that said, if anybody finds a sweet dyed GL striker here at oakwood in minnesota . . . hit a brotha up. i'd kill to have that disc back...turned it over into the pond off of tee 4; spent over an hour looking for that thing in almost waist high water after all our storms. checked back every day since and still haven't found it - it's pretty much dry now; probably someone snapped it up.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHFH
Lost a Yellow Star Whippet on #4 at Paint Creek Park in Ohio. Threw what I thought was a good shot and heard it hit the ground solid(no brush or tree contact audible). Looked for about an hour total with no luck on a hole that's only about 210'. Would pay shipping plus something for the trouble to get this thing back - My name and number in the rim.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:40 AM

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHFH
Blizzard Destroyer at Old Settler's Park

Played an early round on the 4th, Old Settler's Park in Round Rock, TX. Lost my blizzard destroyer (my only ace disc) at hole 2 in the water/muck on the left side. Light blue in color, and stupid me had not put my name/number on it.

I would like this disc back more for the fact it is the only ace I've ever hit, if I get it back, it will be retired.

Thanks,
Joe A
Old 07-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 159
Found a red disc today at Lincoln Ridge (in the trees right of the 13th fairway). Identify the mold & the ink on back (sorry it doesn't have a name or number), & I'll figure a way to get it back to you. PM me here or on gcfda.com (I'm sisyphus both places). --Jeff
Old 07-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Oh, and while I'm here, there's no way I'm getting this one back, but if found, please...I'll offer you anything in my sale thread for return! Lost at Lincoln Ridge in the murky nasty pond left of the 22nd basket.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 16
hey, i could have sworn i saw a pic of this disc before . . . i bought it off some punks who were pond-diving for like 5 bucks. when i got it, i knew i'd seen it here somewhere. i've been looking for like half an hour for where i saw it, but no luck.

it's a z buzzz with the cincinnati reds logo in sharpie on the bottom. lemme know if you know who lost it or what thread it was originally posted in.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
Lost my old faithful 150 champ teebird warming up in the wind on hole 22 at Lincoln Ridge this evening. The breeze picked it up and tossed it left into the pond. Probably no more than 2 or 3 feet deep there, but the water was cold, mossy, murky and slimy. If found, I'd love a call (info on the back of it...)
Found at Boone Woods (see how they move around?) by my new friend Blake. I wanted to thank him publicly.
For those who question calling on a found disc, I let him choose any disc he wanted from my 'available' bin, & he got this Glow. Good choice!