Old 07-12-2013, 02:06 PM

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Lost my R-Pro Boss on hole #4 at Staring Lake in Eden Prairie MN. Nothing fancy just Red. It was my go to disc is the only problem. I bought a replacement but it is not the same. I am afraid it may be gone for good due to all the casuals that frequent the course.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 29
Week before last on Monday I was playing The Cedars and after my round I decided to go back to 15 which had given me some trouble. I ended up losing my Champ Beast. The following Friday I went back to The Cedars and was throwing horrible. On hole 3 I turned my Valkyrie over and it sailed into the trees. After about 20 minutes of looking, I gave up and went to hole 4, where I promptly lost my Tsunami. Disgusted, I left the course and went to Life Disc Sports in Rockwall to visit with Chris K. (who helped design and build The Cedars) and buy some more plastic to ease my mood.

As I was leaving Life Disc Sports, my phone rang and it was a guy who had found my Tsunami. I drove back and meet up with them on hole 9. They were a very nice father and son duo having a good time, so after getting my disc and giving the kid five bucks for his honesty, I asked if I could join them for the rest of their round. My mood was already improving, and on the very next hole when the father's tee shot left the fairway to the right he walked over to just past where his disc had gone and picked up my Valkyrie! After our round, I offered the father a Roc out of my spares, but he declined.

Fast forward to today when I get a call on my Beast. The caller offered to meet me to give my disc back, but since I had already bought a Star Beast replacement which I am liking better than the Champ Beast that I lost, I told him to keep it.

I ink all of my discs, and have lost a fair number but rarely get a call. Of those few calls it just never worked out that I got my disc back. Funny that things would turn around so suddenly and work out in this instance they way that they did.

Curtis
Old 07-14-2013, 06:05 PM

Lost an Innova Champion Valkyrie to the right woods on hole # 9 in Chanhassen's (MN) Bandemere Park. I had the better part of a decade with this disc and I have found no suitable replacement on my shelf. I'm at a stage of grief where the loss has made me lose the love of disc golf.

I had a half hour of daylight last Tuesday night to try to find it without success. I came back at 7:30 am the next morning and looked for much longer but without any success. Not a terribly busy course but I can't be sure that someone didn't play it earlier that morning and caught a glimpse of it.

This disc was phenomenol for my forearm (long and accurate) and also my best hammer disc by far. Probably not my longest disc for backhands, but one of my most accurate. I knew that it's loss would bite. Last summer I had AirTraffic weigh it in (169 g) and I was able to purchase a used one (168 g, also a Champion Valk), thinking that it would be a perfect clone.

Now that I'm forced to start using it, it flys like a completely different disc. Much more apt to hyzer on backhand shots. Instead of a subtle left to right s-curve on my forehands, it's much more pronounced and doesn't seem to give me the same distance. As a hammer throw, it doesn't go nearly as far, slinks off farther to the right and doesn't have enough air to come back to the left like my other one would.

The forces at work on my lost disc were 6-7 hot summers stored under my car seat. It also saw a lot of hammer throws. Plenty of direct impacts with trees, though the edges of the championship plastic held up very well. My assumption is that it became much more understable with the years of use.

How do I remake this disc?

I'm thinking that the obvious answer is to just use my replacement a whole lot and that it will eventually get there since it's the same weight. My assumption is that the weight really wouldn't be affected much by age, just the form of the disc. I will also keep an eye out for used ones online that have taken some abuse.

Is there a good short term fix for something that will fly similar if I go out and purchase a new one? Would a Champion Valkyrie with a lighter weight make it go farther and hold the straighter line I'm looking for? Or would a lighter weight mess with me in other ways (like wind)? Or should I stick with the same weight and consider another disc with a lower stability rating? Any idea what an Innova Valk would translate to on Discraft's stability rating?

This is the hardest loss I've ever had to deal with in disc golf. I'm a terrible backhander and my game grew up in the early stages throwing a forerm with that disc. It gave me the accuracy that I needed while still giving me enough distance to handle intermediate drives.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:17 PM

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
While playing Shawnee Mission Park in KS, my brother couldn't stay out of the trees on the left side of hole 4 (he's a lefty cheater). He decides to throw his new champ Destoyer that was clear with a purple half moon on the side. Ends up going past the pin and into the little tree patch behind it. After searching for half an hour and ending up with a white roc and a red nuke, we had to give up. No number on the roc (pretty badly beaten) and called the number for the nuke. If anyone finds that destoyer we'd be more than happy to offer a reward as it was literally only thrown once and doesn't have a name or number.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 176
Lost my 147.2 Boss r-pro, yellow, ink in rim, 7/10, on 7/14/13 at Rocky Fork, to the weeds on hole 2, probably 260' out & 10-15 feet to the right, if anyone cares to search more...
Old 07-17-2013, 12:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
hole 4 at garlough park here in minnesota. i left it behind for maybe 10 minutes on accident the other day. i ran back to frantically search the woods where i'd forgotten to bag it and someone had already taken it.

needless to say, bags were opened that day. thankfully nobody was a jerk about it.

it was a pink zero hard pure with my name and number on it....the ONLY one i've seen. and i've been searching all damn day online for another one.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 60
I threw my CE Teebird into some long wet grass at a course by my house. I looked for it for 2 hours & couldn't find it. A group played the course twice & the second time they passed me one of the guys said "damn, you still lookin for your disc? & I said "Hell yeah I am, I love my CE Teebird." I finally gave up on it & cried on the ride home... (I didn't cry but I wanted to)
Old 07-17-2013, 02:15 PM
* Ace Member *

welp, i found one today, actually.

is there a way to search people by pdga numbers?

found a green esp nuke with number 59351 on it. number was scribbled out; dunno if some tool took it but didn't know what the pdga number was about, or if the pdga player scribbled it out since it was now officially his.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:23 PM
* Ace Member *

sorry for the double post, but apparently there is a pgda lookup online. never mind; excuse the noobliness!

Old 07-18-2013, 01:43 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 87
I lost a red destroyer in Missouri. 2 week later, just 2 weeks, I got a call from New York. How does a lost disc travel that far so quickly? How many people found and lost that disc? Then an honest player finds it more than a thousand miles away and calls me. Thanx for the call. And shame on whoever took it to NY.

When you find a disc it's just a disc, but it could be someones favorite disc.