Old 07-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoholic View Post
I lost a red destroyer in Missouri. 2 week later, just 2 weeks, I got a call from New York. How does a lost disc travel that far so quickly? How many people found and lost that disc? Then an honest player finds it more than a thousand miles away and calls me. Thanx for the call. And shame on whoever took it to NY.
Was the call from NY or just from an NY number?

If from NY, that's pretty fast, yep!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 44
lost a brand new Champ Teebird, hadn't even put my name on it yet. In the THICK stuff at a new local course, Hazel Landing (hole 16, could have landed near tee for 17 actually).

I threw what was supposed to be a big sky nose up anny, that would stall and fall back left ....instead, I decided to throw at 150% power, and threw it on a sky hyzer with a great nose down toss. Needless to say it was LONG GONE, damn.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 33
Lost a purple DX Stingray last winter at yulga. My friends kid found it at the local pitch and putt in the water. Funny thing is the local pitch and putt is 30 mins from yulga.

Also just lost a pink and blue swirl natural beauty star teebird during a kids clinic today.

We were throwing some distance shots after the clinic to show off for the kids and I bombed one and just left it in the grass. Totally spaced it. Went back an hour later and it was gone.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post

Also just lost a pink and blue swirl natural beauty star teebird during a kids clinic today.

We were throwing some distance shots after the clinic to show off for the kids and I bombed one and just left it in the grass. Totally spaced it. Went back an hour later and it was gone.
At least it was for a good cause!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 10
I found a disc today at William Jewell in Liberty. If you lost a disc PM me and if you can describe it, then it's yours. Name but no number on it.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 31
Found a disc last week. Called the guy. He lived out of town 5 hrs away. Asked if I could drop it at his in-laws' house I. Town. Sure why not. Copied the wrong address. Awkward moment of "hey this dude told me to drop this here". Other dude that answered the door-"who? I don't know that guy". Oops. Got the mixup handled and disc returned safely.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 PM

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 5
I found an Orange Boss today (Sunday, July 21) at Century Park in Greer, SC. I found it in the creek on 16, but I bet it washed downstream from upstream with all of the heavy rains we've received lately. I put it in the "Return Disc" box. I can confirm name and number if anyone is curious. I'll try calling him later, but I was worried it was too early this morning to try when I found it.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:43 PM

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 13
Disc found

Hello all,

I found this disc at Middle Creek today during the Raleigh disc golf championship. It doesn't have a name or number on it and looks very new. Shoot me a PM if its yours, with knowledge of the model and weight of course. I'll get it back to you.

First post for a long time lurker.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 176
Had to get out to Williamsburg this morning...I mean, 65 degrees in July!!??
Well, I had no idea how much water comes down the hillsides and fills the ravines. I threw on hole 8, keeping to the left because I knew the creek was high. My pink 2012 Ace Race disc (I guess they're now 'Zombees') skipped hard & I thought it might have gone down to the mud. So I threw a provisional (my orange CryZtal Buzzz) straight at the basket, but it hit the far edge just in front of the basket & rolled back to the ravine. When I walked up there, I saw the ravine wasn't its usual muddy bottom, but almost 4 feet deep in muddy water.
After fifteen minutes of shoeless prowling, just short of swimming for them, I decided I'd just ask the disc golf community to keep an eye out for these two. As always, anyone who calls me back on a disc will get a disc of their choice from my sale bin!

Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Lost my Vibram Lace on Hole 2 at the River City Nature park course in Debary, FL. I was trying to throw a looooong hyzer that would fade around the edge of the tree line on the left, and that thing just flipped up and went straight forever. I saw it hit some trees and figured it fell down, but after an hour of searching it never turned up. It was probably my longest drive ever on the hole, sad that I didn't get to play it out. And i hadn't inked the disc

if anyone finds a pink & blue vibram Lace, 160s, I'll give a cash reward to get it back.