Old 01-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Lefty Activist

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: LHBH
Lost a barely used Glow Champ Firebird on hole 5 at Eastway Park in Charlotte last night. We played doubles, and my shot was on the creekbed, so we took my partner's shot and I never got the disc.

Once again, I have very little faith that I'll get it back. We let a couple groups play through after that hole, and there were more behind it, none said anything, and no call/texts.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHFH
ended up losing my Tim Selinske 2011 US MASTERS pink champion Katana on advanced 11 at Bear Creek. it will be tough to find its replacement
Old 01-13-2014, 02:39 AM
Moderate Superator

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Here we are but they are not

We are gather here today to bid fond farewell to two fallen heroes cut down in their prime. Before they really got a chance to explore the world and achieve greatness. Sad though we may be we must raise our heads(patriotic anthem-y music playing softly in the background) and forge on. Our destiny before us and within our grasp(crescendo). They would have WANTED it that way.(softly a piccolo tweets an ol' Irish dirge of untold misery)
Here we have Mr. Champion Mako3 and his belated partner Mrs. Champion Mamba. Short though their lives may have been it was full of potential....energy until they became a kinetic couple that fired on all cylinders. May they be remembered in death as they were in life; soaring above the earth and bestowing the reward of many long hikes to their acolytes.
Thank you
Please don't forget God loves a cheerful giver
and I ain't happy until my collection bowl runneth over
and I got a couple shots a whiskey in me
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Innova-Champion Mako3 170g.jpeg (42.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpeg Innova-Champion Mamba.jpeg (39.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-13-2014, 06:37 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 14
Saturday my grip lock put a disc way out on the ice, which I retrieved. It was a little scary, but I got it. Sunday the same disc on a different course went down a hill (on what I felt was a pretty darn good drive) and disappeared. It was a DX Cobra , one of my first discs. It was white, and so was the snow that it went towards. All the rest of the course was snow free, go figure.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 23
Weirdest thing ever.

Lost my longest, stable-slightly understable disc by leaving it behind - pin high, out of bounds, took the OB lay for a 8' par putt, never turned around to pick up my disc (took 1.5 years to beat it in to where it was). Next hole, doubles partner shanks into the brush and I find a different lost disc of the same mold, 6 grams heavier, different plastic, phone number disconnected. I toss the found disc a couple of holes later and the it's at the exact same stability point as my lost disc.

Naturally, I miss my old disc and the person who didn't call me is an ass-wipe but is that some crazy coincidence or what?
Old 01-13-2014, 06:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 11
Mother****er.

Lost a tangent on kaposia 15 and a blaze on 9. Will be going back to look tomorrow. The tangent might be down the valley.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:22 PM

Courses Played: 1
Started playing in late October. Lost star mamba, icon cannon, blizzard boss, star xcaliber, champion tern, and star katana. Apparently, when I throw a bunch of discs, I only grab some of them and walk on. Off to the Innova Factory Store I go.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 10
There's a guy at my school who throws Wraiths, and it's no one I have played with, and the only way I know this is because I've found 3 Wraiths (all different plastics) on the course and all without any contact info.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 28
Heh, here's a funny one. Last Saturday we were playing Haslet Community Park and found a marked disc while "golden retrieving" for one of our lost ones. Having our cell phones handy, one of us called and left a voice mail.

A little while later a fellow returns the call and we tell him we have his disc and where we found it. He says he's never played Haslet, just keep it. Several holes later we find another disc with the same name and number!

Old 01-20-2014, 02:50 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 26
Whoever finds my Silver GL River at New Quarter, take care of her, she was really good to me...