Disc Golf Center
Old 02-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 46
Found a disc, Rock Ridge Park. No name or number. There were some markings. Tell me the disc, and markings and I'll get it back to you.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:12 AM

what does that mean?

Old 02-21-2014, 05:52 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
what does that mean?

If this is your disc, you'll be able to describe it to me and we can figure a way to get it returned (since there is no number).
Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHFH
Angry

Less a lost disc story, more a blatant theft story.

This happened a year ago over at Pecan Acres park in Nac on hole 10. I had an old garbage Champion Groove who existed solely for tomahawk throws on this particular hole. Disc wasn't good for much else, plus it was a bight fluorescent yellow, which made finding it relatively easy.

I approached the teebox and shouted, "CLEAR ON HOLE 10" to warn anyone that was back there. This hole is blocked by a small stand of young trees and brush, making an overhand/tomahawk throw one of the better choices. I threw the Groove over and started up the hill after my partner had done the same.

As i walked around the vegetation stand we noticed a Mexican kid maybe 10-12 years old coming up from the basket out into the open, pushing his bike with one hand. We greeted him and after making sure he wasn't hit, since he didn't let us know he was there, we asked him if he saw where the disc went. He pointed towards the brush behind the basket where it normally lands, then he hurried off. I thought this odd, but THIEF didn't cross my mind until a few minutes later where, after vigorous searching, no disc was found.

It finally dawned on us that this little %$!^! had stood there while we threw, then nicked my disc as we were coming over the hill, than had the audacity to lie about it while pointing to where it 'went'. I started to give chase down the trail he went after, but i quickly called it off after realizing a night in jail wasn't worth getting a Groove of all things back.

My faith in humanity shrunk three sizes that day...

TLR version: There be thieves afoot, even while you're playing the game.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Lost 2 discs yesterday .

Oak Grove CA course. One is a yellow GL Saint 169, and the other is a yellow VIP Underworld 168. Both have my ink and both were lost on the river on hole #3. One lost by yours truly and another lost by my wonderful brother who just "happened" to forget his discs that day.

May be the last time I play in the rain. I was soaked from head to toe after that run and I feel something coming on now, lol.

Please, if you find either disc, call me up or PM here. I can drive out there to get them. The river should have dried up today actually, but I'm stuck at work.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Just lost my TeeDevil. I threw my roc on an approach shot. Didn't like my throw so I picked up my TeeDevil and threw the same shot. But it went 30 feet further and landed on the frozen lake and slid out another 50 feet.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 PM

Venue to recover discs lost in Palm Beach County

Tell your friends:
www.okeeheeleesquid.tumblr.com
Old 03-03-2014, 08:38 PM

PBC lost discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
Scratch that. Not going to provide an outlet for people to holler at me. 24 hours after start up, shutting it down. Those that inquired politely will get their discs (or another one from the collection, just for good measure), absolutely free.

Cheers.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:04 PM

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHBH
Norwalk, Ohio. The Great Blue Heron, hole 24. Left my yellow star destroyer by the lake please call if found my number is on the back. I can throw a reward disc in for the good deed.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 28
Lost two in the pond at Micke Grove in Lodi, CA. Yellow putter on 16 and yellow driver on 17. Name on putter is Johnnie with phone number. Name on driver is Mike or Roger (not sure which one actually) with phone number. Willing to pay a return fee for putter, driver or BOTH.