Old 04-05-2014, 01:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.3
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: RHBH
GROUP C

Any discs that are still in here next year will be donated to beginners at our local clinics.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:53 PM

Courses Played: 7
I found two at Eagle Hill in Krebs on Thursday. One had a name & number but the second one wasn't inked so I left it at the course entrance. Hopefully the owner plays there often and finds it there.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:09 PM

Courses Played: 7
Well I suppose it's fitting that I posted about finding two last week and now I lost two today at Wister Lake DGC. Brand new Echo Star Kite on hole 7, probably no chance of ever seeing it again because I didn't even have it inked yet when I took it out of the bag to test it. Caught some wind and soared right over some brush and I assume into the lake. I ran over there but didn't see any ripples so I looked for about 15 minutes before walking back up the embankment to the course and playing poorly for the rest if the round.

That free round turned into about $27 worth of brand new plastic because I sunk a DX Leopard into the lake on hole 5 where the course has flooded. Maybe I should start throwing more used plastic because I don't ever seem to lose those.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 45
Found two today. Both were labeled and am working on getting them back to their owners! Contact made, working out details.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 16
left a sparkle QOLF in the middle of the fairway like a dumbass.

also lost my 1.2 QOLF marked "QOF". left it in the fairway and went back to get it before i even played the next hole, it was gone. pretty sure the three punk *****es behind me took it. i had a good talk with them and played behind them the rest of the round. one of them took his friend's backpack and went to wait for his friends while they finished their round. can't really do much about it, but i'm waiting for the day i see someone straight up with my disc. it'll be interesting. i imagine i'll just walk up to them, take it and say "thanks for holding it for me".
Old 04-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
left a sparkle QOLF in the middle of the fairway like a dumbass.

also lost my 1.2 QOLF marked "QOF". left it in the fairway and went back to get it before i even played the next hole, it was gone. pretty sure the three punk *****es behind me took it. i had a good talk with them and played behind them the rest of the round. one of them took his friend's backpack and went to wait for his friends while they finished their round. can't really do much about it, but i'm waiting for the day i see someone straight up with my disc. it'll be interesting. i imagine i'll just walk up to them, take it and say "thanks for holding it for me".
Why wouldn't you ask them, "Say, mind if I look in your bag?". Worst thing (other than death) that could happen is they don't let you look, then they know you're hip to their tricks.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 16
i see what you mean, but i never just ask punks like that if i can look in their bags. there's a bunch of kids at our course oakwood that go around grabbing up all the plastic they can find and 90% of the time if you ask them "hey, found any cool discs lately?" or "what are you throwing?" on the pretense of friendly chit-chat they'll spill it for a chance to trade or sell something they found. on one such occasion, they spilled out about 8 discs and i simply said "hey, that's mine," picked it up and walked off.

these kids, however, said they didn't have much, just the ones they throw. we talked for a bit longer, i walked back to look for my disc again and when i came back the bag was with the friend on its way to the parking lot. convenient.

they probably got wise since, if they took it, they JUST got it, but i wasn't about to go ape**** on a couple stoner high school kids.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
i see what you mean, but i never just ask punks like that if i can look in their bags. there's a bunch of kids at our course oakwood that go around grabbing up all the plastic they can find and 90% of the time if you ask them "hey, found any cool discs lately?" or "what are you throwing?" on the pretense of friendly chit-chat they'll spill it for a chance to trade or sell something they found. on one such occasion, they spilled out about 8 discs and i simply said "hey, that's mine," picked it up and walked off.

these kids, however, said they didn't have much, just the ones they throw. we talked for a bit longer, i walked back to look for my disc again and when i came back the bag was with the friend on its way to the parking lot. convenient.

they probably got wise since, if they took it, they JUST got it, but i wasn't about to go ape**** on a couple stoner high school kids.
Yeah, I see your point. I live in a mostly rural area, and I sometimes forget what a bigger city is like.

Too bad, it's bad enough to lose a disc to water or weeds, but to have one stolen really sucks.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:24 PM

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 9
I "lost" my champ f2 destroyer today in the creek. Last hole of the course, and that is my favorite go-to driver of all time. So I went in for it!! The eater was nearly waist high in nasty stagnant creek water, but it was totally worth it! Cost me $2 for a pair of socks, saved my $15 disc, but saving the disc I love....priceless!

Old 04-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 12
I lost my Proton Tangent like a dummy today at Hoover Dam aka the Brent Hambrick Memorial course.

I was throwing it for the dog and apparently she didn't pick up and carry this one as usual so I completely ignored that I did not have it in my bag. I think I lost it around hole 14 at Hoover and my Tangent was neon green with sparkles. It could not have gone much off the fairway, it would have been to the right on the edge. I know we got in the back 9 and I did not throw the Tangent for a few holes so I suspect it was somewhere between 12 and 15, I just wasn't paying attention unfortunately for me.

My name and number were on the disc so hopefully some kind soul will return it to me. I am guessing someone must have seen my disc and picked it up but so far I have heard nothing. We had some pretty gnarly weather just earlier so perhaps it is still out there.