Old 10-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Is it appropriate to say if someone turns their back on a disc and gives up looking for it and someone else finds the disc that it's ok for the finder to keep the disc? I've lost just as many discs that I have found out at my home course. I just look at it as trading in an odd way.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 34
North Carolina will find this amusing: Buckhorn Woes

While out today, I decide to do some pond trolling at Buckhorn. While I'm there, I see a guy overthrow 15 by just a hair. It hits the damn right of the basket, and I think it's gonna stick, but it skips hard and pops into the pond, just too far away from me to stop it. Well, he says it's a star Roc, so he's goin after it. After taking off his shoes and socks, and with the aid of a long stick to lean on, he goes in, and after a few minutes, finds it! Yay! Unfortunately, it's like 65 degrees out and he was like 5 inches above his knees, so shorts get a little wet......

While I'm still out there, they get around to 17. They layup, and a couple throw over. The guy throws...and it skips on the pond, and then sinks! SAME DISC! Well, having already gone in, he goes in again....this time he's balls deep, and even gets up to his belly...15-20 minutes later...no disc. No other discs either! Someone must've cleaned it out while it really warm a few days ago! Dejected...he gets out, soaked...and they throw 18....I just sat there and watched. Seeing no luck with the foot searching, I give up the trawling, and leave.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPan12 View Post
While out today, I decide to do some pond trolling at Buckhorn. While I'm there, I see a guy overthrow 15 by just a hair. It hits the damn right of the basket, and I think it's gonna stick, but it skips hard and pops into the pond, just too far away from me to stop it. Well, he says it's a star Roc, so he's goin after it. After taking off his shoes and socks, and with the aid of a long stick to lean on, he goes in, and after a few minutes, finds it! Yay! Unfortunately, it's like 65 degrees out and he was like 5 inches above his knees, so shorts get a little wet......

While I'm still out there, they get around to 17. They layup, and a couple throw over. The guy throws...and it skips on the pond, and then sinks! SAME DISC! Well, having already gone in, he goes in again....this time he's balls deep, and even gets up to his belly...15-20 minutes later...no disc. No other discs either! Someone must've cleaned it out while it really warm a few days ago! Dejected...he gets out, soaked...and they throw 18....I just sat there and watched. Seeing no luck with the foot searching, I give up the trawling, and leave.
Now that is some nasty looking water. Is it always like that or is it just from lack of rain and movement in the water?
Old 10-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 38
Its gotta be a nice disc for me to even think about going in after that one!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscChucker View Post
Now that is some nasty looking water. Is it always like that or is it just from lack of rain and movement in the water?
It always looks like that! Actually, it's a little better because it's been colder. Middle of the summer...that pond is disgusting. We're on the side with hole 17. Hole 15 is to the right. It sits on a hill, which is really the dam for the pond. It basically has a small stream that feeds it, and then it sorta trickles out in a stream-let on 15 side.

I know of atleast 2 CE Valks, a couple Rocs, and an XL in there...but they've probably been fished out. He spent awhile in there, and didn't find anything. And he was right around where my XL went...and where any shot that falls short and hyzers down will go...I've heard people go in often, and I've seen one other person in there besides this guy. I'll toss a retriever in there, but that's it. And I'll sanitize my hands real good afterwards...
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 43
There aint know way I'm goin in that stagnant bog of stench.

I'll throw my DX plastic on that hole.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Eagle Member

I'm thinking if I'm that far in I'm going for gold, diving for anything I can find.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettsjc View Post
I'm thinking if I'm that far in I'm going for gold, diving for anything I can find.
Feelin' around with your feet 'eh? I did that in Winny Lake down in Roc Hill but I wouldnt put a toe in that swamp pictured..... Though I must say I have been chest deep in the one behind hole #2 at the "Angry Beaver".
Old 10-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Eagle Member

I've seen a trio out there a few times pulling up dozens of discs from behind #2 out there. One time they came out with at least 40!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 33
Yeah idk,

I'd have to have thrown my child in that damn pond to get me in that water. That just screams malaria.