Old 10-29-2010, 10:40 PM
""Supporting The Legacy""

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 31
last week i pulled out of that pond on 15/17....
cfr glow orc 9.5/10
dx dart 8/10
star cro 8/10
pearly champion rhyno 9/10
two had numbers ...i called and have not heard back from them.....i dont get in, i use a 12foot piece of 3/4 inch pvc with a cap on one end with a screw through it .....i tap around on the cap till i hear it hit plastic then drag it carefully with the screw without damaging it....it took me a few months to learn how to pick up on the sound of a disc and not rocks and other stuff , and also to not damage the disc....but after 5 years it works well...i figured someone was going in because there should be alot more in there....p.s my brother in law put a KC Pro Roc in the middle that same day
Old 10-29-2010, 11:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain-addicted View Post
There aint know way I'm goin in that stagnant bog of stench.

I'll throw my DX plastic on that hole.
Yeah, you couldn't pay me to go in there with anything less than those antique diving suits.

That water is always nasty. My buddy lost his Crush in there.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 17
My friend lost an Innova Cougar on hole 14 at Tyler state Park today. Went off to the left on his drive and got lost in the mass amount of leaves. Was a pinkish/beige color.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 5
lost my champ beast two days ago, and right before it got returned I taco'd the crap out of a dragon on hole 3 of AF, it had already met a large "obstacle" at Cane Creek in Cookeville and was somewhat unpredictable from the first encounter. I threw the same disc at hole 7 and its unpredictability got the better of it and the disc is currently laying somewhere around the middle of the swamp across the street. I am not going in that mess to retrieve it, so free taco to anyone who goes in for it! lol
Old 10-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
I lost my white X-Out pro Monarch in the lake on hole 7 at Joe Farmer Rec Center in Allen, TX the other day. The wind grabbed it and fed it to the lake. I had my son with me in the stroller so I didn't look for it but maybe 10 minutes. It has my name and number in it but I've NEVER gotten a call since living in TX for a found disc. That's what I get for buying a new disc...
Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose-mdg View Post
last week i pulled out of that pond on 15/17....
cfr glow orc 9.5/10
dx dart 8/10
star cro 8/10
pearly champion rhyno 9/10
two had numbers ...i called and have not heard back from them.....i dont get in, i use a 12foot piece of 3/4 inch pvc with a cap on one end with a screw through it .....i tap around on the cap till i hear it hit plastic then drag it carefully with the screw without damaging it....it took me a few months to learn how to pick up on the sound of a disc and not rocks and other stuff , and also to not damage the disc....but after 5 years it works well...i figured someone was going in because there should be alot more in there....p.s my brother in law put a KC Pro Roc in the middle that same day
If you find an orange Z XL, that's me ^_^ I know a guy who lost a beat CE Valk in there too...
I made a cheapo (we'll call it a Tin) Retriever and tried trolling, but after that guy had no luck with his feet, I gave up too. How do you drag it with a screw? Sounds hard...lol. I'll have to go out there with you and watch sometime =]
Old 11-01-2010, 05:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 106
ive been in that pond to retrieve my disc, you cant believe where those little green algae pieces can end up
Old 11-03-2010, 09:59 PM

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHFH
Bad Karma....

about 2 months ago, i found an awesome star boss at ewing young. Orange with a jack-o-lantern print. It had a #, but i liked the disc. Since then its been in my bag. Today, i was playing at hoover, and a guy i was playing with said it was his friends favorite disc. I gave it to him, and he gave me a crappy star eagle. I cant throw an eagle for s***. So after he left, it was getting dark. I threw at hole 9 one more time. as i was retrieving my discs (i threw 3) I could find all but 1, my main driver and FAVORITE disc. a orange 174 Elite-z Crush. Carma is a B****!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 PM
""Supporting The Legacy""

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 31
^^^yes it is .....i dont even like to throw discs i have found that have names on them or numbers that are no longer in service......i love to get them to there owners

Old 11-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 80
Wow I didnt have my number on it but I put that I had lost a disc here someone sent me a tell and asked if it was mine, and i told them to keep it seeing as it's a Pro-D XL and is in the U.P. and I don't feel like paying 3.00 to have him mail it to me.