Disc Golf Store
Old 08-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Have you also considered that it DIDN'T land? Check the trees.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 112
No, I said it rolled.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Those are tough ones. Sometimes you just have to take a break and come at it with a fresh perspective. Try not to do too much landscaping, I don't think course designers like it too much. I like to hunt for a lost disc with the sun directly overhead b/c when it's throwing shadows every where it can be a royal pain.

Good luck.

Oh, and if anybody found an uninked blue Eagle-L with "high times" dyed on it, graffiti style at UNC, hook a brother up.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 49
Someone needs to figure out a very small transmitter in the discs that will allow them to be tracked with an Iphone app.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 24
I lost the very first disc I traded for on DGCR. My 1st Run Stalker...it's in a cesspool. I'm hoping it dries up later in the season...but I highly doubt it.

\/\/
Old 08-04-2010, 06:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 15
I learned a lesson on Saturday with my blue Ion and that is, when throwing a blind hole, where usually my more experienced disc golf buddies and I just seem to know we have a better view of where the disc needs to go than the person throwing, we tend to keep an eye out. That doesnt hold with my fiance and her daughter.

Teed off on a hole where you are pressed against a treeline on your right side and that treeline curves to the right gently as does the fairway toward the basket. I could see maybe 20' before the turn takes away my sight of the fairway and it was a new course so I didnt know that there was also a steep drop off behind those trees and heavy shule on up; so I threw my Ion and turned it over too hard and have no idea where in the combination of heavy brambles and bushes and the drop off it could have gone as it got around the turn out of my sight and I knew it was turning too hard.

Im not mad at my fiance about it. It was just a perfect storm when I normally dont have any fear of that disc not doing exactly what I wanted. Probably a 1 in 20 chance that it was going to do that.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Eh, it's not so much about the disc as it is the principle of it. Yeah, it was a dumb shot, but it's a shot I should of been able to locate. After spending the first hour looking for it and not finding it, it just bugged me. I had to find out where it landed. I feel like I've looked everywhere it could of been. I don't even throw Ridge's seriously, but it bugs me when I don't know where a disc went.
Same here. It bugs me when I can't find it. So I keep looking until I do and sometimes find another disc..
Old 08-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 27
Maybe better luck today...I lost a disc on a drive and couldn't find it for 30 minutes or so, so I finished my round. Came back 2 days later and re-evaluated where I thought it went and walked over and found it easy.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 46
Checked all the trees from various angles on the ground and from up in the tree I was climbing. Thoroughly checked the dried up creek and nearby brush for a roller. Have hacked away tons of undergrowth behind the fairway, nothing. Cool thing is I found someone to trade the spider to for a new Ridge but damn, I just want to know where my gray one ended up landing.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Checked all the trees from various angles on the ground and from up in the tree I was climbing. Thoroughly checked the dried up creek and nearby brush for a roller. Have hacked away tons of undergrowth behind the fairway, nothing. Cool thing is I found someone to trade the spider to for a new Ridge but damn, I just want to know where my gray one ended up landing.
It would of been cool if the person you traded for found yours and you found there. Heh.