Old 06-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via MSN to Skankin77
Just got my surge ss from the marketplace today, threw it once and then on # 5 at Tendick Nature Park (Blind dogleg left), sidearm hyzered it and lost it..looked for 30 minutes, left it, then on 12 I could hear someone on 5 yelling they found a yellow surge ss..went back through the woods and asked all the groups playing (was wednesday leagues) and no one said they did..name and # on it but no hopes of that coming back... damnit.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:10 PM

Courses Played: 4
Not really a lost disc story but I feel it applies. When I can't find a disc on an open hole or lightly wooded I return to the tee and try to replicate the throw to show me the correct area I should be looking. It almost always works and about half the time I find the first disc I threw first, even though I was walking directly to where I saw the 2nd one go.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:43 PM

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Lost my pink tye dye'd destroyer on Mt. Airy #17 ...spent 30 mins looking before the heat finally got to me and i gave up ....but found a blue brand new valkyrie christian sandstorm edition one while lookin for mine.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 PM

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to Rentadot Send a message via Yahoo to Rentadot
Angry Hyland eats another

Off the 16 tee, my white 150 class DIscraft XL caromed off a couple trees and VANISHED (even though I heard it crashing around). Nice cliff.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 23
I lost my favorite disc today, a perfectly beat in 180g KC pro 11x roc. It was the first disc I ever owned and I used it at least once on most holes. I threw it into the pond on hole 1 of the central michigan university course.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.3
Courses Played: 28
I miss placed an A_P dyed Vision Friday at Jordan at #9. Landed near a row of trees and thick grape vines to the left. Had to punch threw a hedge. After a fat half hour and finding the same can 5 times I just gave up. Walked up twords the pin and there it was just sitting in the fairway. #30 feet from where I was looking. It was a happy moment.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Lisle View Post
Not really a lost disc story but I feel it applies. When I can't find a disc on an open hole or lightly wooded I return to the tee and try to replicate the throw to show me the correct area I should be looking. It almost always works and about half the time I find the first disc I threw first, even though I was walking directly to where I saw the 2nd one go.
My luck I'd lose 'em both. If it works for you, great, but not sure I would try this this. Most of my lost discs are throws I couldn't reproduce, or wouldn't want to.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAxDrc View Post
I lost my favorite disc today, a perfectly beat in 180g KC pro 11x roc. It was the first disc I ever owned and I used it at least once on most holes. I threw it into the pond on hole 1 of the central michigan university course.
You prbably kalready kno, but more recent Beasts are less stable thae older ones. The older, more stable Beast mold overlapped with the Orc, so they changed the wing, dropping the stability a fairly significant amount.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Courses Played: 1
Found a Innova disc with a custom message written on it at Summit Park in Summit, IL. It looks like it was a gift from a groom to a groomsman perhaps. No phone number. Message me if the disc belongs to you or if you can put me in contact with the owner.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 12
Found a JK Aviar Putter at Winshape DGC, name and number on the back belonged to the previous owner, it was traded. Let me know if its yours! Sweet print on it!