Old 06-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
In my short career ive probably found something in the neighborhood of 20 discs that had names and numbers on them. Never have I called, because I'm not trying to take my a$$ to the post office or drive out of my way. And I truly believe if you go to a course, and abandon a disc, its no longer yours. I mean, you know the risk your taking and sometimes risk prevails.

I myself have lost about 40 discs with my name and number n never once got a call about a disc. That's also part of the reason I'm sour about returning discs.

N I recently lost my favorite disc, an Orion LF that was PERFECTLY beat in. It wasn't in the water either, but in the rough. I might have been able to find it, but I wasn't driving and had to play on, due to timing. It's been long enough now to where I know someone has already found it and decided not to call.

Karma or coincidence??

**I swear to the disc karma gods that if you return my Orion, I will ALWAYS try to return a found disc!!!**

Last edited by DirtyMittenDG; 06-28-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
I myself have prolly lost a couple hundred discs in my career and had 2 returned. Both were when I lived in NC. Since I've lived in TX, not a single person has contacted me about a found disc and EVERY one of mine have name and number. The vast majority of the discs I find have no info. I did keep 1that did but like the previous poster, I am sour about some of my discs I've lost.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 164StarValkyrie View Post
In my short career ive probably found something in the neighborhood of 20 discs that had names and numbers on them. Never have I called, because I'm not trying to take my a$$ to the post office or drive out of my way. And I truly believe if you go to a course, and abandon a disc, its no longer yours. I mean, you know the risk your taking and sometimes risk prevails.

I myself have lost about 40 discs with my name and number n never once got a call about a disc. That's also part of the reason I'm sour about returning discs.

N I recently lost my favorite disc, an Orion LF that was PERFECTLY beat in. It wasn't in the water either, but in the rough. I might have been able to find it, but I wasn't driving and had to play on, due to timing. It's been long enough now to where I know someone has already found it and decided not to call.

Karma or coincidence??

**I swear to the disc karma gods that if you return my Orion, I will ALWAYS try to return a found disc!!!**

De-friends Scumbag 164StarValkyrie...
Old 06-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 17
I played Carousel Park in DE for the first time yesterday. Really a nice place.

On hole 16 I drove over the trees in between the tee and the basket, then my disc faded hard right and went into the small patch of trees that runs along the green. Couldn't find it for the life of me. Clear/red tie-dye Champion Roadrunner
Old 06-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 11
I wake up in the middle of the night thinking "shyt... did I get that disc?"
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 25
left my teebird plus somewhere at sedgley. its got my name and number on it
Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Birdie Member

Practicing in some headwind off the first tee at glen hilton in hickory nc and a griplock of mine sails over the cedar trees on the right of the fairway and into the backyard of some houses on the other side. I walk through the hedge and see my disc in a backyard. So I head to the house to ask if I can get my disc out of their yard and the old man says sure thing and lets me into the yard. But when we get there, no disc. I'm like, dude I saw the disc in your yard and he responds that there is nobody else there but his elderly sister so I must be mistaken. Total scumbag steve because I saw the disc and decided to be polite instead of jumping the fence into his yard. I would have felt better if he had just been a grumpy old man but lying to my face took balls. A plague upon his family I say and RIP favorite 11x teebird, you will be difficult to replace.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 41
^maybe you got the wrong house
Old 06-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 164StarValkyrie View Post

Karma or coincidence??

Wow... There is no way I would ever return a disc of yours... even a piece of crap Orion. Maybe it was ran over my a mower.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowRoll View Post
De-friends Scumbag 164StarValkyrie...
Scumbag? Well F you too then!! I've lost at least 40+ marked discs and never got a call, so i'm no different than 99% of the people out there. Everyone knows the risk they're taking when they throw their discs around thick rough or water. If you don't like the game, get the hell out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabrown23 View Post
Wow... There is no way I would ever return a disc of yours... even a piece of crap Orion. Maybe it was ran over my a mower.
Cool! You wouldn't be doin anything different than ANYONE who's ever found one of my discs. N you've obviously never thrown an Orion LF, for that im sorry!