Old 06-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
You people can cry all day long about my idea on found/lost discs. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Ive lost at least $500 of marked plastic in my time and never got ANY of it back. On the other hand ive only found and kept like $150 of marked plastic. So sorry I never call. But if even 10% of the people called me back for my discs, I would probably call for every disc found. But until then, i'll keep sticking my hand into the same pot that ive already contributed so much too.

Last edited by DirtyMittenDG; 06-29-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 164StarValkyrie View Post
Scumbag? Well F you too then!! I've lost at least 40+ marked discs and never got a call, so i'm no different than 99% of the people out there. Everyone knows the risk they're taking when they throw their discs around thick rough or water. If you don't like the game, get the hell out!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 8
That meme generator seems to be getting a work out.

If this is going to turn into an internet fight make a new thread so at least this one doesn't get locked.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Scumbag? Well F you too then!! I've lost at least 40+ marked discs and never got a call, so i'm no different than 99% of the people out there. Everyone knows the risk they're taking when they throw their discs around thick rough or water. If you don't like the game, get the hell out!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Yeah, I had never heard of scumbag Steve till now. lol. I made one for you.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

At the end of the day; it's up to you to do the right thing. It's obvious that you and I don't agree upon what the right thing to do is.

99% of people are not bad. That is just a cop out. People make up stuff like that all the time to do what they want to do without letting a silly thing like their consience get in the way.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowRoll View Post
At the end of the day; it's up to you to do the right thing. It's obvious that you and I don't agree upon what the right thing to do is.

99% of people are not bad. That is just a cop out. People make up stuff like that all the time to do what they want to do without letting a silly thing like their consience get in the way.
I agree that giving a disc back is the right thing to do in most cases. It's just hard to go out of my way to give it back when no one else does for me. I'm not a complete a$$ though. I've given countless discs away to beginners who needed them more then me. And that's what I usually end up doing with almost every disc I find (Phone number or not).

I said earlier that if I got my Orion returned to me I would Always call for found discs. I will change that and say: If I get a disc returned to me (NO MATTER WHAT IT IS), I will always call on found discs for now on.

Last edited by DirtyMittenDG; 06-29-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowRoll View Post

Exactly Sir, just because no one (hard to believe) has ever returned any of your disc's does not make t right for you to not attempt to return someone elses disc. I just so happened to find two disc today on the course... Called both right then and there and had them back to them before my round was over. Now I have two new people that one day might find a disk I lose and the first thing they will do is call me... Give it a chance, you know niceness.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabrown23 View Post
...no one (hard to believe) has ever returned any of your disc's...
It is almost hard to believe isn't it? Especially considering the number is at like 40-50. It's true though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabrown23 View Post
...Give it a chance, you know niceness.
Still waiting for that first returned disc to lower my sour level. When/If that call comes, this will be the first place I let it be known. And then i'll become an honest disc reviver like you.

Last edited by DirtyMittenDG; 06-29-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Still waiting for that first returned disc to lower my sour level. When/If that call comes, this will be the first place I let it be known. And then i'll become an honest disc reviver like you.
Sometimes you have to give to get... and sometimes you just have to give and not expect. That's generally when the getting starts. If your expecting someone to do the right thing for you with the attitude of not doing it for others then it will probably never happen. And if you have lost 40-50 disc and no ones returned any well that kinda sucks but maybe its a little karmic justice... who knows.