Old 06-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Over 2 years I have found 6 discs that were not mine. None have any ink whatsoever. I have asked around posted on various groups with no success. Is it that hard to mark your disc or did your sharpie run out of ink tagging up all the baskets and benches?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdog48188 View Post
Over 2 years I have found 6 discs that were not mine. None have any ink whatsoever. I have asked around posted on various groups with no success. Is it that hard to mark your disc or did your sharpie run out of ink tagging up all the baskets and benches?
I mark ALL of my discs and have lost prolly close to a hundred during my years of playing. I have only had 2 or 3 returned and none since moving to TX 8 yrs ago. So, I guess people think it's a waste of time and makes their discs ugly for no reason since people aren't going to return them anyways.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Troll View Post
I mark ALL of my discs and have lost prolly close to a hundred during my years of playing. I have only had 2 or 3 returned and none since moving to TX 8 yrs ago. So, I guess people think it's a waste of time and makes their discs ugly for no reason since people aren't going to return them anyways.
I have a friend who dives in all the local ponds here. He actually calls every single person back if theres a number and will search for them via forums, facebook, etc if it only has a name on it. I also have lost probably 30 discs with my name on them, and had 1 returned. Not good numbers. I still tag all my though. Maybe good people like my buddy will find it! Karma b*tches
Old 06-22-2012, 09:52 PM

Not really a lost disc story but today I got my champ archon stuck about 30 feet up in a tree and stupidly I threw my clear ion at it which in turn disappeared into the tree. Two water bottle throws later the archon was down but the ion was no where to be seen. After about twenty minutes of climbing/ staring at the tree I was still unable to locate the disc, at that point I was late for an appointment so I sadly had to surrender to the tree and leave. As I was leaving I threw my water bottle at the tree in frustration and incredibly not only did my water bottle fall but my ion followed right after.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 160
Well, it wouldn't be a round at Idlewild for me without the chance of losing a disc. Everyone at the CCS today saw my orange Blizzard Wraith floating all day in the pond on #2 long (after a great drive I HAD to go for it, and clipped the dead tree, deflecting it in). Since it refused to drift to the edge, I decided to look at the end of the day. I did not see it, and was so out of energy, I didn't really persevere. If found, name & number on disc. The real mystery was losing an orange Blizzard Destroyer on #1. Hyzered the drive into the gap going into #6 fairway, and entered the Twilight Zone. We looked in the weeds before and after the gap, and even the sinkholes over on #6, but, well...y'all know the drill, and the wish it might make its way home. I would offer a disc I don't throw if returned...
Old 06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 25
I was throwing on a hole today and a guy walks up and says have you seen a group of kids come through here? I told him 'No' and he said that he was throwing on a hole and landed by the group of kids - he turned around and his disc and the kids were gone.

I told him I'd help look for the kids, but he said nevermind and kept going.

After hearing that - I pulled out my beat to hell DX firebird to throw on a couple holes where he had seen those kids, I figure if they grab my disc they'll probably throw it back.

Anyway, I throw some perfect throws with it and I figure I'll start using it. So I pull it out a little later and decide to take the Pro route over some trees - not just 'trees' but it's horribly bad rough. So I shank it and hit an early tree and lose my, as of today, favorite disc.

I do find a shark, a leopard, a valkyrie and a destroyer while looking for my firebird though. None inked.

Today must have been a Destroyer day though - three other people I talked to had found Destroyers today in addition to the one that I had found.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 33.3
Courses Played: 77
Lost 3 disc at Pike Lake today and still shot a scorching 55. Unheard of for me, my RHFH was working well despite losing 2 disc to this throw on upshots.
# 6 Lost the dx Whippet on the FH approach shot, looked good but landed in the bramble left of the basket. Looked in the stinging nettle, felled timber,and insect heaven for 20 minutes, itchy time. Re threw from the previous lie, parked and tapped for a 4.
#7 a nice little downhill ace run. Threw my old school Rubber Putter, landed about 40 ft away and thought I would give the Yeti a shot at the basket and shanked it into the weeds to the left, before the creek. With a heavy heart I looked for 5 minutes on the ankle busting hill side through another Stinging Nettle patch and decided to play on rather than subject my fat ass to possible injury and more itching.
On #11 my FH drive hit a tree and deflected forward and to the left off fairway down toward a small creek and I was surprised when found disc easily in a jumble of felled trees guarding creek. Had a nice forehand shot from the edge of the creek up through an opening to what appeared to be the big tree just right of fairway, 50ft or so from basket, looked for 15 minutes to no avail. Rethrew from the previous lie same throw, a little harder and made a 45 ft putt. Looked for the Champion Banshee for 10 more minutes, no luck.
I did mark 3s on holes 4 and 12 for the first time ever and made 2s on most of the shorter holes. Best Pike Lake round out of the 9 times played.
Lost/Left the Banshee at Lincoln Ridge a month ago and someone found it in the pond on Hole E at Idllewild and turned in to The Nati. Just got it back Thursday.

Last edited by hipster; 06-24-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:20 PM

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 20
2 Lost Discs

I lost an R-Pro Plastic Innova Dart at the Hedges Boyer Park course in Tiffin, OH about 3 weeks ago.

Also lost a champion plastic XCaliber today at Vienna Park, Temperance, MI. I would really like to get this one back, first disc I ever got an ace with, so has slightly more value to me than picking another one up. Lost it on hole #17, it is a bright orange, but you need a machete to get through that brush...

Both discs are marked, would love to have them back.

Last edited by Howie17; 06-24-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Added information.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:43 PM

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
First post for me here, I was just reading through this thread when I received a call from an unknown number. Lost a disc at Water Works roughly a month ago and someone found it at Rosedale Park about 20 miles away.

Now I just hope I get a call about my Test Run 2 Bolt I lost yesterday...

Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: LHBH
lost my brand new blizzard destroyer in some thick woods today. first time i ever threw it. spent an hour lookin for it and found two un inked discs while i was in there. luckily after i found it i was walkin home and a friend spotted one of the found disc and knew the guy who lost it last week. got to love it when i disc goes to its rightful home