Old 08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 166
International Disc Golf Center

Does anybody else find it strange that the 3 courses at the International Disc Golf Center: Jim Warner Memorial, Steady Ed Headrick Memorial and WR Jackson Memorial DGC do not have many pictures posted on here? I would think that since they are fairly high rated courses and get a good amount of use that one of us on DGCR would get some pictures posted. Is there anyone planning on playing there anytime soon? I am hoping to get down there sometime this fall.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:05 PM

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 235
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm only 30 minutes away, maybe I'll try to take some pictures to put up.

There are a lot of holes out there that might be difficult to capture in pictures, because they're very long, twisty, or crowded with trees. It is tough terrain, but definitely worth checking out. The museum is kind of cool. The pro shop is good, too.

You can send me a PM if your going to make the trip, I'll try to get in a round or two with you.

Last edited by Upshawt1979; 08-12-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 108
I was there in late June, but sadly took no pictures. I second the cool museum and pro shop thing, and the courses are great.

Also, if you haven't been there before, don't try to play all three courses in one day if it's hot as the dickens out.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 107
Send a message via Skype™ to RussMB
When I played there, I went with the intention of taking pictures. I just lapsed and would forget. I finally remembered to take the one of Steady Ed's that I uploaded. (13 I believe) I was just enjoying myself, and wearing out at the same time. lol I'm hoping for a return trip to Augusta sometime. I need to finish W.R. Jackson and Jim Warner.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 58
I would like to make it down there sometime this fall as well. Possibly in October when business at the restaurant I work at dies down. I think it would be great to be able to get down there at least once a year. Anyone up for a DGCR tournament/party at the IDGC every year?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.4
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothSailor View Post
I would like to make it down there sometime this fall as well. Possibly in October when business at the restaurant I work at dies down. I think it would be great to be able to get down there at least once a year. Anyone up for a DGCR tournament/party at the IDGC every year?
Let me know if you do -- Ari and I played the Jackson and Steady Ed courses in a tournament just before Worlds, and while it nearly killed us, we'd both like an excuse to head back over there when the weather's not so brutally hot and humid.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12StonesScott View Post
Let me know if you do -- Ari and I played the Jackson and Steady Ed courses in a tournament just before Worlds, and while it nearly killed us, we'd both like an excuse to head back over there when the weather's not so brutally hot and humid.
Scott, that would be awesome. I'm thinking it's going to be either the weekend of October 16-18 or the 23-25. Unless I pick up another DGCR hitch hiker along the way it will only be me coming down and camping somewhere near.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.4
Courses Played: 39
FYI, the Magnolia Open, a women-only B-tier event, is at the IDGC on October 16-17. Not sure whether any of the courses will be available for public play. You could PM Jason Allind (@ IDGC_SUPER ), the IDGC admin, here on DGCR to find out.

There's also a men-only event, the Eastern Amateur Nationals (A-tier) at the Hippodrome, another Augusta-area course, that weekend.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 235
Even on IDGCs site, the pictures seem kind of lacking.
But I know how it is... you get on the course and forget about everything except hitting some birdies!

DGCR should team up with the IDGC and host a yearly members only tourney!