Old 02-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: LHBH
Nor Cal disc golfers.

i play with a ton of people in the bay area. every time i play in a monthly with my local club SVDGC, i am constantly telling every group i get paired with about DCGR and still i don't see an increase in new members in the area. i would really like to meet the members in the area and invite them to one of our monthly's. also i would love to get info on when monthly and other tournaments are going on. just looking for local DGers than want to play and spread the word of DCGR.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 78
Throwing Style: RHBH
I grew up in the bay area. Didn't know about DG back then. Love to play there sometime in the future.
I printed out the DGCR flyer & posted it on the kiosk at Richmond Hill (Ashevile, NC). I had hoped to get a few new golfers on this site but I'm not sure I've seen any movement in that direction. But I'll keep tellin it on the mountain!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 47
I too grew up in the Bay Area but didn't know about DG until college (San Diego). Keep printing and posting the DGCR fliers. That is how I found this site by seeing their flier at Plamann on a visit to Appleton, WI. I hope to get back to NorCal someday and play Golden Gate Park and DeLaveaga.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 256
I'm in Nor-Nor Cal... in Humboldt! If you're ever thinking of coming up here, hit me up.
I'll be sure to do the same when I come through the Bay - meet up at Stafford.
DSCJNKY
Old 02-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

for sure, i ma go get some revenge on the otter open this weekend but i am thinking of playing Anderson valley brewery soon.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 56
just played the brewery yesterday, beautiful springtime conditions get out there soon before it gets too hot, thats about an hour and a half from me i can come play down there sometime , and ive been wanting to play stafford for the first time, we play every sunday at the high school in mendo
Old 03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

just want to put it out there. the Silicon valley Disc Golf Club will be hosting a monthly this Saturday march 14 at 8:00am. i would love to meet up with some of the nor cal dg'ers.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 1147
Send a message via Yahoo to danhyzer
Thumbs up

I think I left my left arm in the the NOR (left coast as I call it) CAL hills. Had a great time playing Golden Gate, Stafford Lake, Petaluma, Booneville, Mendocino, Willits, Eureka, Manila, both courses in Arcata, Willow Creek, Weaverville, Reading, Anderson, Willows, Williams, Davis, Vacaville, Berkeley.

And if it wasn't for the hospitality of the locals I met at Golden Gate Shawn, Jack and Elena. and again at Stafford Lake(Chris T. < hey if anyone can get in contact with this dude, Tell him I didn't get that one video of me from a top of # 6, but I got a "jesse" disc for him, just need an address to send him one> Stew, John and Sam, played early Super Bowl Sunday), and at Humbolt State University in which I was guided through the "REDWOOD CURTAIN" with 2 different groups of golfers/ students and in Berkeley as Kenny, Charity, Juan, Rob, Steve and a great lefty <who's name escapes me> shooter.

To these people and the countless others who helped me wander through their woods allowing me to play through their foursome because they knew I was in a hurry to get to the next course. Or to the people that suggested I go this way instead of that way. I thank you all, Because if it wasn't for you all I wouldn't be able to extend my stories to the next open ear from the experience that I tasted when I drank from your cup (NOR CAL). It was a sweet and strong drink that the taste will always be close to my heart.

May the course be with you all ------------------------------ - +

Dan' hyzer' Kilgore # 4697
Old 04-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

i have sent a few PM's out to some nor cal dg'ers but i want to put this out there for all others. the silicon valley disc golf club will be hosting its very first PDGA sanctioned event on May 31st. it will be played on two different courses, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. hellyer and la raza are two very different courses and should prove to be fun. anyone looking for more info PM me and i will be happy to fill you in.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 134
Im in Tahoe, there's like 10-15 courses within 10 mins to 1 1/2 hour drive. Hit me up if anyone is in the area. We have a new course going in May-June on a ski hill. Monster holes and awesome views.