Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
You dont consider the Pred to be your overstable driver or is it just not in the "Very overstable" category? I guess I can see your point as I see the Pred as more of a straight flyer like a Teebird but with a bigger fade and also even less affected by headwinds. But what about the Flicks? I know they dont go very far thrown flat but have you ever tried throwing a Flex shot with one?

For the understable mids, when I have used a Core or a Buzzz, generally I found that they can handle the turnover shots, but that is a Core and an X Buzzz so both were a little less stable than a Z Buzzz IMO. I like the idea of the Comet doing that sort of role, and since you are carrying a Wasp also, Meteor could compliment that well, but I would lean more toward a Buzzz in different plastics to cover your shots, or either the Comet or the Meteor teamed with the Wasp.

Overall like the bag. I actually have a P-PD that I might eventually put in for a driver leaving Gazelles where you have Cylcones, as a control disc.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
You dont consider the Pred to be your overstable driver or is it just not in the "Very overstable" category? I guess I can see your point as I see the Pred as more of a straight flyer like a Teebird but with a bigger fade and also even less affected by headwinds. But what about the Flicks? I know they dont go very far thrown flat but have you ever tried throwing a Flex shot with one?

For the understable mids, when I have used a Core or a Buzzz, generally I found that they can handle the turnover shots, but that is a Core and an X Buzzz so both were a little less stable than a Z Buzzz IMO. I like the idea of the Comet doing that sort of role, and since you are carrying a Wasp also, Meteor could compliment that well, but I would lean more toward a Buzzz in different plastics to cover your shots, or either the Comet or the Meteor teamed with the Wasp.

Overall like the bag. I actually have a P-PD that I might eventually put in for a driver leaving Gazelles where you have Cylcones, as a control disc.
Yeah I kind of consider the pred like a teebird but you are right it does have that nice fade at the end of flight. It is also a nice idea to use my flicks more as I pack them around the course I should use them for the flex shot.

As for the mid pairing I am trying to figure that out atm I am carrying Comets
Meteors, and the wasp (with a glow z buzz hidden in a pocket for as a security blanket) hopefully in a couple weeks I will have this worked out.

Cheers - Koffee
Old 09-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffee View Post
Stable Control Drivers
D Cyclone 175g
Esp Cyclone - 175 (trying these again)

Distance Drivers
P PD - 175g
P PD 165g Tailwind driver

Understable Driver
Avenger SS 170g x 2 (I use these for shots when I need an anhyzer to hold till the ground)
Pro wraith 170g Z plastic (for negative shots when I want stability at the end)

Moderately Overstable Driver
Echo Wraith 173 g
Pro wraith 170 g

Very Overstable Driver
None atm

Mids:
Elite-Z Glo 175 + Buzz for strait shots
Elite Z wasp 176
Meteor/Comet 177 178 Testing these discs now to see which one stays. Having tough choice I really like both of them.

Misc discs - ( Added these discs as I am using forehand a lot more for upshots)

Predator Z plastic 170 g Also good for headwinds
Flick 164 Z plastic For 300 ish drives where I want a skip

Putters:
Pure grip line 174
x 2 Challenger - 174
Stable Control Drivers
D Cyclone 175g
Esp Cyclone - 175 (trying these again)

Distance Drivers
P PD - 175g
P PD 165g Tailwind driver
S PD 175g

Understable Driver
Pro wraith 170g

Echo Wraith 173 g
Pro wraith 170 g

Very Overstable Driver
Predator Z plastic 170 g Also good for headwinds

Mids:
Elite-Z Glo 175 + Buzz for strait shots
Elite Z Buzz 175 opaque a little over stable
Drone Z 175 (Testing)
ESP Meteor 178g - Understable mid

Misc discs - ( Added these discs as I am using forehand a lot more for upshots)
Flick 164 Z plastic For 300 ish drives where I want a skip

Putters:
Pure grip line 174
x 2 Challenger 174

I dropped a few discs Avenger SS, comet and the wasp. I loved the comet but I needed to drop one so it was a close decision. I could easily see it back in my bag in a week. The avenger SS was just not being used so it got sidelined. The wasp got moved to the side for the Drone for testing.

CHEERS - Koffee
Old 09-24-2010, 01:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
This is DGR's bag listing style right? For whatever reason I felt like its confusing and caused clutter in the bag. But it works for some people, not for others. The way I tend to think of a bag is like this.

Primary Putter, Mid, Fairway, Distance Driver, and if you want "MAX" distance driver. the idea being that someone may want the Orc to be their distance driver but then they throw a nuke, boss, or destroyer in their when they really have the room.

Then you have 2-3 overstable utility discs one being for shorter shots and the other being for longer shots so a combo like a VP-Pred, or a Whippet/Flick or Banshee/Teerex. A 3 pairing could be Zone/Banshee/Force. These are for FH if you do it, OH, get out of trouble, skips, high wind, flex, and such.

Then one or two understable utility discs. I suggest one because I believe one can suffice but I understand those who would want two ranges. Something like a Monarch, RR, AvengerSS, Pro Leo or something that beats in to be like these. Used for tailwind, rollers, downhill, hyzer flips, ect... Pairings could be a Comet-Sidewinder or a Stingray-AvengerSS.

but thats me... not very bag advicable...

okay. How do you feel about the Pred and Flick? I feel like their range is to similar, do you think you would want to choose one and drop the other? If you like the Zone I would suggest dropping one of them for sure. Do you really feel like you need the wasp? I would also consider dropping it if you like the zone because I feel they're somewhat redundant.

I'm probably just getting opinionated... ugh. Glad your here koffee, and I like your Cyclone, PD, Wraith combo.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
This is DGR's bag listing style right?
Here is DGR's creed on disc selection.

But it's:

1) Stable Control Driver
2) Distance Driver
3) Understable Driver
4) Moderately Overstable Driver
5) Very overstable Driver

and then Stable, Understable, slightly Overstable mids and putters.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Eagle Member

Been a while since I updated my bag

Stable Control Drivers
x2 Striker 170 175g opto

Distance Drivers
x2 Flow opto 170 174g
x2 Havoc GL (When there is wind or need a bit of stability)

Understable Driver
Northman 172 testing atm (may not make the cut)
Flow Gl 173g

x2 Flow Gl - 172g

Very Overstable Driver
halo 165 and 174 Wind and FH duty

Mids:
x2 Pain opto 173g and 178g
x2 Elite Z Buzz 175 opaque a little over stable

Putters:
x1 Esp Zone 174
x3 Challenger 174

Misc discs I do not use these very much but every time I remove them from the bag I end up needing them. So they are relegated to being in a side pocket hoping to be used.)

Flick 150 Z plastic
XXX - roller

Northman - is in testing phase I really like it but not sure there is room for it. It is really nice for annie shots and will hold the line to the ground, other then that the Northman is close to doing the same thing as the flow. I am not sure but I may keep one in the bag just for this shot.

Cheers - Koffee
Old 06-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Tried a Jokeri or a Boatman yet?
I love the Boatman, its like a speed 10 Pain; replaced my stable striker which had been flipping in some wind.
And the Jokeri is just a Finnish Zone (and a tad less OS), making it inherently better.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 94
No Fuse?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawpstang64 View Post
Tried a Jokeri or a Boatman yet?
I love the Boatman, its like a speed 10 Pain; replaced my stable striker which had been flipping in some wind.
And the Jokeri is just a Finnish Zone (and a tad less OS), making it inherently better.
I have not tried the jokeri yet but that is on my things to do list. Currently I use the zone and it gets the job done. However I only have one so I have no real investment and feel that spot could improve some.

As far as the boatman, I liked it and still have some that I am not trading but the strikers I have are early run snowflakes and I can really lean on them with out flipping and they are really good in a head wind. I also Have a stack of these and am not near needing to find a replacement.

I agree that the boatmen is a nice disc. But my game has made huge gains and I find myself really trusting the striker. I am just afraid to change anything atm (probably a bit supersrticious).

Cheers - Koffee

Old 06-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
No Fuse?
That is funny you mention that today as we just got done playing and a local was selling off his fuses at 5 bones a disc and of course I picked them up. So I would bet on seeing them again.

I do really like the opto fuse the only thing that worries me is I play a lot in Monterey and Santa Cruz and there can be a pretty good wind. The fuse will make you pay for a bad shot in the wind (not as much as a comet) as it does not forgive as much as the buzz.

Cheers - Koffee