Disc Golf Store
Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Par Member

Finland and Sweden have the most courses in Europe. Pretty much anywhere you go here, there will be at least a course and probably several nearby.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've played a temp course in Slovakia that they set up on the grounds of a mansion each year for a Spring Fling tournament.
And I have played Spiritius Disc Golf Course in Budapest.

The Slovakian course was good.

The Spiritus course had lots of potential but only 7 baskets played twice for a 14 hole course.

I'd like to play the courses in England as well as the obvious ones in Sweden and Finland.

I think there is also a mini tour so to speak in Austria and Germany. 10 tournaments or something.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonDrehle View Post
Since I have been playing disc golf the only place out of the county I have been was The Bahamas and there was nothing on the island, though I didn't really look (I was 18 and you can drink when 18 in the Bahamas, you do the math ). I was originally going to be in New Zealand, Australia and Fiji this summer but that has been pushed back to next year but I am looking forward to finding some courses while over there.
you know who to ask when the time comes buddy :-D
Old 04-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
Played a little in Japan and of course Australia is foreign to you guys
Old 04-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 101
I'll be living in London for 4-6 months starting in August to visit my girlfriend that's working over there for a year. My research leads me to believe I'll be disappointed by the courses in England (or at least disappointed in the amount of courses.)

However, I'm using my ancestors in Sweden and Norway as an excuse to plan a couple week long trip up there. It should be amazing if all goes as planned.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 31
I lived in Amsterdam for pretty much the entire calender year of 2011. The course there is great, but really good weather makes about half of it unplayable because of other park patrons. The Rotterdam course is also fun but not as good, and has the same issue with patrons on nice days. So as counter-intuitive as is sounds, if you go play in the Netherlands do it on a crappy weather day, save the nice days for exploring.

They also run a series there where they play at a different course each month, with most of them being temp courses that they have been playing for a few years. These are really fun courses, the parks in the Netherlands are mostly really nice and have a ton of water, and the temp courses tend to bring that water into play. My only real gripe with playing there was that I had no car so had to take public transport or bum a ride, which usually involved taking public transport to where the person with the car was, and I like to take way more crap with me to a tourney than this situation allowed.

As far as disc golf in other European countries, I am super lame and didn't make it to any of the other ones. Sorry.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35
Courses Played: 153
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGroff25 View Post
I'll be living in London for 4-6 months starting in August to visit my girlfriend that's working over there for a year. My research leads me to believe I'll be disappointed by the courses in England (or at least disappointed in the amount of courses.)

However, I'm using my ancestors in Sweden and Norway as an excuse to plan a couple week long trip up there. It should be amazing if all goes as planned.
There's 2 in Ireland near Dublin [unfortunately I wasn't heavily into dg when I went there], and don't forget the 3 in Scotland, birthplace of golf!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 56
If you play in Japan / Taiwan all the other disc golfers will marvel at your max weight discs.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 51
One of these years maybe I'll get a chance to play in Europe or Asia.

:dreaming:

Old 04-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 53
I considered playing in Russia. It looked like there might be a course in Moscow, but I decided not to make the effort to figure out how to get to the course, etc.

I considered playing in London, also, but again it seemed pretty hard to get to the course. It would have basically eaten up my only free day in London. So, I decided against it.

If I'm ever in Geneva, Switzerland again (professionally I'd guess my odds are better than even) I'll definitely try to play there. I lived there for five years, but before i picked up disc golf.