Old 09-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've played Berlin, England, and Amsterdam, it' seems to be more safari style, and Berlin was a lot of fun, but more of a fun style course. Amsterdam has a sweet course, but lots of construction when I was there.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 14
2011 Korean DG tournament in Busan/Gimhae

I was in a tournament in South Korea. May of 2011 Near Busan/Gimhae off of the Hadan station in the subway in a little area called Shinho. It was a pretty big turnout. A lot of players from Korea, and (maybe some from Japan...not sure) mixed with Westerners and New Zealand/Australian. There were different divisions. There was a kids division, male/female/amateur/pro. The entry for me was 40,000 won. Which is about 35$. You recieved a mini (Innova) with a bunch of Korean on it and a putter that was made by a local guy and his company. It was like a lightweight ... thing. kinda like an aviar I guess. It has a logo on it and I tried putting but decided that I wouldn't use it.
ANYWAY. It had 9 holes set up with innova portable baskets. It weaved through a park with paths and brick/cement areas that were all OB. Also a few Mandatory routes. Only 2 more open holes.

I shot a 21 (1st round and had a pretty big lead...no lie, I had some nice birdies) I was -6
then shot 26 (not so happy with that) But after this round I was placed on the top card -7, -5, -5, -4
i was leading by 1. Let's just say the first 4 holes I kinda fell apart and now was losing by 1 stroke. In the last 4 holes though I brought it back with 2 nice birdies in a row. Played it safe the last hole to have a lay up 3 (tried to avoid OB- it was the only way I could lose, unless I missed a couple easier shots) I ended up winning by 2 strokes. The Tournament Director took 2nd. And JK (the Korean guy for KPDGA) Took 3rd.
An American I met over there took 4th. We thought he was 3rd but the guy on the next card had a nice round.

I'll post some pictures.

It was a fun trip. I was living in Gimhae (jangyu-myeon) and teaching English to kids at Jasaeng Academy in Jangyu. Imiss those lil punks sometimes, haha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zdisc1.jpg (106.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg zdisc2.jpg (48.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg zdisc3.jpg (89.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 09-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

more pictures

from Korean DG!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zdisc4 jk.jpg (102.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg zdisc5.jpg (104.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg zdisc6.jpg (75.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 09-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

last few pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zdisc7.jpg (112.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg zdisc8.jpg (142.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 156
Throwing Style: LHBH
My wife and I went to Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland for our honeymoon last year. We played one course in each country. We also played in the Russian Disc Golf Championships, which were held Helsinki (for lack of decent courses in Russia).

We played:
Valbyparken, Copenhagen, Denmark
Ekeberg, Oslo, Norway
Jarva, Stockholm, Sweden
Tali, Helsinki, Finland

Pretty fantastic experience, all four courses that we played were very nice, all the locals were very friendly. Jarva outside of Stockholm is the best course I've played.

Last edited by gwillim; 09-18-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 57
I hit two courses during my family's week in Europe this summer:

Parc du Bourdon (the course near Brussels): very well manicured park, would be lots of fun with more than just a putter to play with

the course that ElementZ put in in Neu-Ulm, Germany: nothing special, but baskets are always better than nothing ... and it plants a seed for more courses to be put in the surrounding area(s)
Old 09-18-2013, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillim View Post
My wife and I went to Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland for our honeymoon last year. We played one course in each country. We also played in the Russian Disc Golf Championships, which were held Helsinki (for lack of decent courses in Russia).

We played:
Valbyparken, Copenhagen, Denmark
Ekeberg, Oslo, Norway
Jarva, Stockholm, Sweden
Tali, Helsinki, Finland

Pretty fantastic experience, all four courses that we played were very nice, all the locals were very friendly. Jarva outside of Stockholm is the best course I've played.
She's definitely a keeper! The wife and I went to Germany and Amsterdam for our honeymoon last year. Played a course outside of Frankfurt, Russelsheim, and Sloterpark in Amsterdam. Pretty cool.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletwist View Post
She's definitely a keeper! The wife and I went to Germany and Amsterdam for our honeymoon last year. Played a course outside of Frankfurt, Russelsheim, and Sloterpark in Amsterdam. Pretty cool.
I was going to say the same thing, you have an awesome wife! That trip sounds awesome.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 114
Send a message via AIM to ElementZ Send a message via Skype™ to ElementZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartman View Post
I hit two courses during my family's week in Europe this summer:

Parc du Bourdon (the course near Brussels): very well manicured park, would be lots of fun with more than just a putter to play with

the course that ElementZ put in in Neu-Ulm, Germany: nothing special, but baskets are always better than nothing ... and it plants a seed for more courses to be put in the surrounding area(s)
Right on! That's exactly how I see it too.