Old 04-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 127
Throwing Style: LHBH
What was Your First Ace?

I almost nailed my first Ace the other day the first time playing at Spring Valley DGC in Spring, Texas. Hole #9 is about 200ft with a quick Blind dogleg right. I annyed my White Wolf off the tee, and it followed the corner beautifully. Just tried to get it around dogleg, but ended up landing directly in front of pin. A few feet further and it was there.

I guess I am curious where everyone nailed their first ace, and how they did it. Every disc golfer loves to talk about their successes, so tell us about them
Old 04-09-2008, 04:07 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 239
Throwing Style: RHBH
Mine was at Baker Farm on hole #8. I threw my DX shark and it flew like a bullet.. flat, straight and right into the basket. Length on the hole is 197ft. and it's pretty much a straight shot to the basket. I had gotten close to acing that hole several times in the past but the stars must have been aligned that one day

Here's the hole:
Old 04-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 92
Send a message via AIM to magictenor1
Hole # 11 at Lafluer's Bluff in Jackson, MS. Around 200 feet. The is a natural path with the basket on the side of a hill up to the right. I threw a cheetah with a nice right turn on it(backhand) and as it died it faded just a bit left into the basket. A couple of years later I aced the same hole again with an almost identical shot, except with a Dragon the second time.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 187
Still looking for my first ace.

Playing four months now and I haven't had one yet. My best run was the 230' QVCC Valley Classic #18 at Texas States this past weekend. My hyzering 180 Star Shark missed by what had to be about a foot. Ended up down in the ditch and I punked out on the ~12' steep uphill birdie putt too Sad, sad hole for me.

Oh yeah, Ace Pot for the tourney was $950. Two guys split it. One hit QVCC Links #4, don't remember the other one.

Last edited by ERicJ; 04-09-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Added ace pot info
Old 04-09-2008, 05:08 PM

Courses Played: 10
1st ace

I've only hit one, about 2 months ago on a 260 ft hole 7b at Wickham Park in Melbourne FL. Hit it while playing with 4 other course regulars, with a 171 gram champion Beast. It was about the best feeling in the world :-)
Old 04-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 28
My first was on hole 7 at Iroquois Park in Louisville in 1983. I think it was about 180. A downhill shot and you had to hyzer round a clump of trees. Ching!

My only other ace was on hole 4 at Iroquois which was shorter back then as I recall. Just a straight shot down a tunnel of trees - maybe 160.

I haven't had a basket ace since but I went from 1984 to 2005 without playing. I have had some object course aces since then but I don't count them.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 92
Send a message via AIM to magictenor1
played today and almost had 2 Aces at Archusa Water Park. On #1 and #5 I hit the basket off the skip but neither went in. Both times the disc was still rising and hit the bottom of the basket.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:10 PM

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 30
http://www.playdg.com/courses/?s=MN&c=acorn&h=7

It took me eight years of playing before I hit my first ace last August. I didn't even know it went in until after helping others search for their disc and catch up to my drive. I couldn't find my disc at first as I never thought to check the basket.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 8
I hit my first last weekend at Peaks View Park in Lynchburg, VA. It was hole #3, which is pretty much a straight shot 180 feet hole. I used a DX Eagle. I've come close to aceing the hole before, but this time I finally got it.

It was the greatest feeling ever. I've been playing a little over two years!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 123
My first ace was also with a dx eagle. It was hole 6 at Industrial Park in Searcy, AR, a wide open 240 footer. It happened in my third week of playing and I was all alone. I sat at the tee box for like 10 minutes not knowing whether to celebrate or start crying that I was the only person on the course. So the question is, if you hit an ace in a field and nobody is there to see it, did it really happen?