Old 03-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 245
Oohhhh... So holes 11, 12, 13 and 14 are still good to play? I thought Nocky was getting cut to 10 holes total and was about get al up in arms about it. I do love that course.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbert View Post
Oohhhh... So holes 11, 12, 13 and 14 are still good to play? I thought Nocky was getting cut to 10 holes total and was about get al up in arms about it. I do love that course.
That is what I thought when I first read it, too. Glad it is getting left at 14 at least.

Most of my rounds on 14 holes at Nocky have had more strokes than full 18 hole courses.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbert View Post
no its staying 14 ... oh and only 32 days to opening night! Go Philly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajeel99 View Post
That is what I thought when I first read it, too. Glad it is getting left at 14 at least.

Most of my rounds on 14 holes at Nocky have had more strokes than full 18 hole courses.
ha! so true ... what Knocky lacks in # of holes it makes up for in difficulty ... I cant imagine my score for a full 18 hole round
Old 03-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by optidiscic View Post
I can't take it anymore! My beloved home course that I learned to play on, The World Class Lake Nockamixon has been snipped of it's final 4 holes due to some crazy bird lady who complained to the Park about some birds nests. Oh what a crime! If we were in Texas and not Pennsylvania I think someone might just shoot the damn birds or maybe the bird lady! LOL bad joke
Dude!! What kind of birds? They might be legal down here in Texas. JK.

Sorry to here about your frustration. You would think the powers that be would consider a different location if this course is as popular as it sounds. Perhaps you could approach these folks about a new course. I also agree with the approach of crouchingwombat. You need to let your concerns be known.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:52 PM

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 30
Screw the bird lady, I just played Nockamixon last week (tho i've fished their for years, GOOD FISHING BRAH!!) I wondered why it was only 14 holes. The reason I love this course is because it is the future of Disc Golf. Long, requiring accuracy and no all par 3 even Ams get lucky and shoot good type courses. This is the future of disc golf, some recreational players might not like shooting more then 5 shots a hole, but this course deserves 18 & should get the full support of the park. YEAH BOI

Old 03-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: RHBH
As far as I've been playing, there have only been 14 holes. So that means it's been like that since at least early 2006. I only play Nocky once in a blue moon. It's 45 minutes to get there, but the drive is worth it, 14 or 18 holes. Optidisc, it's truly a shame we'll both NEVER see the thing of beauty Nockamixon had once been. T.S.O.L.