Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 PM
""Supporting The Legacy""

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiller3 View Post
What kind of plastic is this:eBay Link (scroll down)? The auction says "CE Era Panther." I have a couple Panthers like this, some completely opaque and all containing white streaks like the pictures on eBay. They feel pretty much identical to the CE QMS's I used to have, but I'm curious if they are actually considered CE or just a grippy, opaque blend of Champion.
Champ panther came out in 2003...so i guess there could be that possibility...if it was early 2003
Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've never heard of those Opaque Panthers being called CE, but I guess moose is right about the time-frame. Nice opaque plastic either way.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 PM

Courses Played: 9
OK, I've got a couple that you guys can maybe help me with. First is a discraft disc that I got from a flea market a few years ago. I don't know what it is but someone here can probably ID it for me. I would also like to know the age.

Second disc is a comet that I just got. Has the bar stamp across the front and the ghost stamp on back like the ones that DD is selling in glow plastic. Does anyone know where to find more of these and how many were made. I was told by the guy I got it from that DD doesn't have any more. Anyone else seen these or have any? Whats the story with this disc?

Thanks guys, can't wait to see what yall have to say about these!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 130
90% sure the first disc is an X2. It was in production from '98-'04. That festival is held every year in Traverse City, so that stamp doesn't narrow down the date at all.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:58 PM

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
90% sure the first disc is an X2. It was in production from '98-'04. That festival is held every year in Traverse City, so that stamp doesn't narrow down the date at all.
Thanks buddy. Is there any measurements I could take or different picture angles I could post that would help narrow it down?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:58 PM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiller3 View Post
What kind of plastic is this:eBay Link (scroll down)? The auction says "CE Era Panther." I have a couple Panthers like this, some completely opaque and all containing white streaks like the pictures on eBay. They feel pretty much identical to the CE QMS's I used to have, but I'm curious if they are actually considered CE or just a grippy, opaque blend of Champion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose-mdg View Post
Champ panther came out in 2003...so i guess there could be that possibility...if it was early 2003
Eh, that's just a Champ Panther. Calling it "CE Era" is just a way to get you to pay more money for it without actually saying it is CE. 'Cause it's not. I liked those older, flat Champ Panthers anyway. I might have gone $20 for it knowing it wasn't CE, so the "CE Era" label probably didn't get him much.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 AM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterJoda View Post
Thanks buddy. Is there any measurements I could take or different picture angles I could post that would help narrow it down?
Nah, my eyes are shot and I can't really make out pictures very well. The easy way to tell an X2 is that it used a wing design very similar to a Cyclone and Cyclone 2. Cyclones and Cyclone 2's had the name of the disc in the tooling; the X2 did not. From the picture it looks like a Cyclone wing with no disc name in the tooling. That's why I'm guessing X2. If you have a Cyclone lying around you can look at the wings and see if they seem similar to you.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
The one i git has some ink on t and has a few nicks in it. Probably a 7/10. I plan on throwing it because it feels and flies amazing. Just never seen another one. What do they generally go for?
solid 15 for them used...more if mint and you get a few people looking for them. but truth is wizards aren't that popular because they are never the same....
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 15
comet looks like new tooling run with team stamp. don't know the story on them but they ran a bunch of glows with that stamp.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
solid 15 for them used...more if mint and you get a few people looking for them. but truth is wizards aren't that popular because they are never the same....
Ahh, thanks. So finding another one probably wouldn't be that hard? Or am I to expect the gateway curse of plastic blends with these too?
Closed Thread