Disc Golf Store
Old 03-11-2009, 06:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
How Far Will You Go For Your Disc?

So I was playing at La Mirada today with some of the locals and had a shot that decided to roll into the murky waters of the lake. It was my absolute favorite disc, a well beat in Star TL. The problem was that it is colored a nice deep blue making it hard to see in water. Anyways I was so frustrated that I lost my disc that I decided after the round to go back and go fishing for my disc. Even though I could not see more than a couple of inches deep in the water and had to hike my shorts up to my crotch, I found my disc after looking for about five minutes. Of course I also found someone elses disc. This is not the first time I have risked wading through these waters to get my disc, but it led me to ask the question: To what lengths would you go to in order to get your favorite disc back? How long would you look in the woods? How deep into the water will you go? Where is the line you draw when looking for your discs?
Old 03-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 14
I've gone neck-deep in stagnant water for my discs. The only bad part is that the discs reek of that water for a long, long time.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 81
When gas was $4.00 per gallon I drove 60 miles (one way) and spent an hour re-searching a field that I had already spent an hour searching and found my favorite CFR Destroyer. The Boss came out a week later and I shelved the destroyer. If I had known the Bosses would be so good I would have saved the gas money and used it to buy more Bosses.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 42
45 minutes on my tie dye driver! It was an open field and I swore that it was not an option to walk away without finding it. Field was typical Kansas prairie grass and the disc flipped white side up. I'll do it again in a heart beat!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 11
Send a message via AIM to disc-o maniac
i usually dont stop until i find it.. other than that i search for about 45 minutes to an hour and if i dont find it ill try again the next day
Old 03-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 152
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via MSN to srm_520 Send a message via Yahoo to srm_520
Try this thread out.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ead.php?t=1755
Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 12
i look until i get that hopeless feeling like the way those people look in those depression commericials like you just want to quit playin and go drowned yourself then i get over that and go buy a new disc then the cycle continues as far as how long i will look maybe everytime i play there for a month or maybe once or twice. if its stuck in a place where i throw alot without any visable alligators or cottenmouths i might look indefiantly the more i get pissed about not finding it the harder i look until i find it or im just out of piss or youve got to move on to the next hole because your starting to look like a confused hiker looking at things that no one else sees
Old 03-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 86
My baby a red star teebird has spent the night at two courses and a two week hiadious at another. I about cried last time i lost it at a ice bowl i went in waist high freezing water to get nothing. Luckily some saint found like 70 disc the next day when the creek drained, i would go to the ends of the earth for this disc. Thing is never give up i swear the other day i was looking in a spot i just know a disc i lost years ago had to of landed, sometimes you can find them weeks later if the course isnt heavily played.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 14
A yellow elite Z Flick BRAND NEW!! it was a nice fall day...leaves blowing all that jazz...blind hill made my disc slide under the leaves after a tomahawk...went to lowes..bought a gas leaf blower spent about 4 hours total blowing leaves around and still did not find it...some kids were helping me look for it cuase he had lost his..found his yet never found mine...odd thing was I did find my keys though LOL...oh yeah I returned the leaf blower and said it wasn't what I wanted haha!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyersdisc View Post
A yellow elite Z Flick BRAND NEW!! it was a nice fall day...leaves blowing all that jazz...blind hill made my disc slide under the leaves after a tomahawk...went to lowes..bought a gas leaf blower spent about 4 hours total blowing leaves around and still did not find it...some kids were helping me look for it cuase he had lost his..found his yet never found mine...odd thing was I did find my keys though LOL...oh yeah I returned the leaf blower and said it wasn't what I wanted haha!
Nice use of borrowing the leaf blower to search for your disc! I did that once with a portable DVD player on a long road trip-we returned it when the trip was over.

I haven't gone to some of the extremes that you guys have. I have a couple of discs in water at the moment that I know when the water level lowers for one of them, I want to try to get that disc back. The other is in the middle of a pond that I know I will swim for when it warms up.