Disc Golf Store
Old 03-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
I do really enjoy the fact that you run into all types of people on the disc golf course. I've had the opportunity to play with lots of different people by being willing to jump in with or let someone else join. I am always open to playing with new people, however, I typically try to avoid playing with people that are significantly worse than I am. I almost always am trying to develop my game with each round I play, and I usually have a hard time doing that watching someone play poorly. I also end up being asked for pointers the whole time too, which is cool, but really detracts from my own round. I also don't have a problem playing with people who are smoking. I don't smoke anything myself, but don't mind if others around me do. The one exception to this rule is when I am playing the course right by the school where I teach. I run into my students all the time there. If they were to see me walking around with someone who was smoking, I will have tarnished my position as a role model. I don't even play with guys that curse on that course for the same reason.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0049 View Post
I am always open to playing with new people, however, I typically try to avoid playing with people that are significantly worse than I am. I almost always am trying to develop my game with each round I play, and I usually have a hard time doing that watching someone play poorly. I also end up being asked for pointers the whole time too, which is cool, but really detracts from my own round.
Quote:
The one exception to this rule is when I am playing the course right by the school where I teach. I run into my students all the time there. If they were to see me walking around with someone who was smoking, I will have tarnished my position as a role model.
So your a teacher, but you don't enjoy teaching the game?

No biggie, it's your free time and I'm not into telling people what to do. Something about that just struck me as...funny. Itís probably based on my own issues with my hypocritical, sanctimonious sister who is a teacher.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 61
if you dont like my fire then dont come around cause im gonna burn one down, besides that i love playin with strangers
Old 03-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 87
Anyone wondering why disc golf hasn't gotten more mainstream acceptance need only read this thread: "Of all the pick-up groups I've played in, 90% of them all blazed up some pot at some point during the round." That'll go over well with the local parks department and neighborhood association.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
So your a teacher, but you don't enjoy teaching the game?

No biggie, it's your free time and I'm not into telling people what to do. Something about that just struck me as...funny. It’s probably based on my own issues with my hypocritical, sanctimonious sister who is a teacher.
I don't mind teaching the game, but I prefer not too. Especially after being spent from teaching all day long. When I get to the course, I just want to enjoy playing.

(By the way, it is "so you're a teacher" not "your a teacher") ...Totally joking.

Last edited by cc0049; 03-13-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 21
When I was playing Marymore Searight I ran into this guy who me and my buddy invited to play with us and he absolutely destroyed us and the course. We didn't start playing with him till Hole 10 but every single hole he got a birdie on except for one of them, which he parred. He only threw his driver once and for everything else he threw a mid-range and would land within 10 feet of the pin, even when the pin was over 350' from the box...with a mid-range. Sometimes he would land at most 30 feet from the pin, but he putted like a laser beam and never missed. I average around +9 on the course, but this guy...he must have had somewhere in the neighborhood of -15 if he played the front nine anything like the back nine. He was by far the best disc golfer I've ever seen. The stuff of legends.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 112
Quote:
I don't mind teaching the game, but I prefer not too. Especially after being spent from teaching all day long. When I get to the course, I just want to enjoy playing.

(By the way, it is "so you're a teacher" not "your a teacher") ...Totally joking.
By the way it is "but I prefer not to." not "prefer not too."

hehe
Old 03-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvan View Post
By the way it is "but I prefer not to." not "prefer not too."

hehe
Classic.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega SuperSloth View Post
thats funny because the people i play with play better after they smoke(or maybe were just to high to remember the score). to me there is nothing better than going to your smoke hole and getting in the zone,get your putts lined up forget everything else and just focus on discgolf. p.s. leave the b.s. of the outsideworld at home and your cooler to, when you step on the course it should be all about d.g. it aint a social club if your not there to play seriously (regardless of your skill level) stay home get wasted and play frisbbe with your dog
So getting ****ed up on pot is ok, but getting ****ed up on beer is not? Not that I condone getting wasted on either while playing dg, but at the same I don't mind if either substance is used responsibly. I also don't see the problem with taking a small cooler for the group your playing with. Me and my buddies switch off carrying it and it may add an extra 20 seconds to each hole to set it down and pick it up. If you're in that much of a hurry, we'll let you play through, but then we'd catch up to you on your smoking hole and be like, "damn we let these *******s through just so they can roll a joint on the 10th." My point is don't be a hypocrite.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 90
I hate to play alone so I will throw with nearly anybody. I've met all kinds. Good & bad. Slow or fast. Loud or quiet. Smoking or non. It's all good!
Throwing with 'the good' I've watched & learned & improved my own game.
Throwing with 'the bad' makes me feel like a 'pro'.
Throwing with 'the slow' I've learned patience.
Throwing with 'the fast' has taught me better time management skills.
Throwing with 'the loud' I've heard a lot of good stories.
Throwing with 'the quiet' I've learned etiquette & focus.
Throwing with 'the smokers' I've learned how to relax & enjoy my time.
Throwing with 'the non-smokers' I have enjoyed a good brew & no lost discs, scorecard, pencil, etc. haha