Old 03-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 50
Send a message via AIM to _.-Dut-._
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygfaninva View Post
This weekend it rained all weekend. I still went out and played, and was mocked by my kids, and had a good time. Just wondering what is too much? Will you play in a drizzle? In a downpour? Or never in the rain at all. The mud was the worst.
I play much worse in the rain, but as long as it isnt cold as balls rain isnt an issue.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 106
Ice is the worst. I was playing a practice round and a nasty summer storm came through the back 9 and the rain was completely sideways, my front side was drenched, and my back was dry! There was lightening very close and 40-60 mph winds. I was glad I only had one disc with me, not sure I would have finished the round if I had my bag.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 152
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via MSN to srm_520 Send a message via Yahoo to srm_520
Quote:
Originally Posted by t i m View Post
Yeah, I remember my first time at Tom Bass in Houston. Stupid course is flat and doesn't drain. A couple of friends and I caught the tail end of a nasty rainstorm and played anyway. The entire course was several inches underwater -- you couldn't use a marker because they would float away, and you often had to intentionally sink your disc to have a lie b/c they kept landing on the water which was 3-6" deep on most of the course. And that was my first and only time at Tom Bass -- can't believe they used that place for World's one year...
Ahh yes, the wonders of Tom Bass - and unfortunately most of our courses are on flat flood plains. (Just one of the many services we offer ) I could tell many more horror stories about Agnes Moffitt after a good Houston downpour.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 31
I love the idea of DG in the snow, but when the tee boxes are frozen, its horrible.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 31
I was playing a round at Cornwallis road park with a couple of guys yesterday, and it started raining pretty good about 6 holes in. They both left, but I went ahead and finished my round. The rain lightened up after about 30 min, so I was able to play the last 4 or 5 holes without it being to bad. And I birdied the last two holes (which are actually #1 and 2 because all the locals start at 3).

I've also almost been struck by lightning at Valley Springs.

What can I say, I'm addicted to the game, so once I start a round I won't quit. I did get rained out once at Cedar Hills in Raleigh, that was a flash flood and my first time playing the course, so it wasn't really worth it to drown and no one know where to recover my body...

Old 03-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to magictenor1
I generally don't go out if it's raining but if i am already out there I would continue if it's not too bad. I played this week the day after several days of rain and the course was pretty muddy and there were lots of puddles. some small creek beds that are usually dry or almost dry were like white water rapids. had to fish several out of the water.