Old 03-17-2009, 06:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
Why do I play this game?

So I get my 1st ace 2 days ago...albeit it wasn t a real round but was practicing and hit the chains from the tee so I count it....so I got this disc figured out happy as **** and then today I throw it off a tree ten feet in front of me and it just goes into the ground no biggie....but somehow the thing is lost and I got no clue where it went..searched an hour no luck....Are there gnomes in the woods who steal discs? Did I somehow throw so fast that I turned it over into another dimension? Am I blind? I am so frustrated today! Anyone relate to this?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by optidiscic View Post
So I get my 1st ace 2 days ago...albeit it wan t a real round but was practicing and hit the chains from the tee so I count it....so I got this disc figured out happy as **** and then today I throw it off a tree ten feet in front of me and it just goes into the ground no biggie....but somehow the thing is lost and I got no clue where it went..searched an hour no luck....Are there gnomes in the woods who steal discs? Did I somehow throw so fast that I turned it over into another dimension? Am I blind? I am so frustrated today! Anyone relate to this?
Some times discs do strange things. I lost one once where I thought I knew exactly were it went, and I never found it. I have also found discs in the middle of the fairway, and wondered' How did someone loose this?"
Old 03-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 11
I found one parked under a basket. How could someone leave it there when they had to use it to putt?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 22
I kinda understand what you are feeling.
I didnt loose a disc, but I did have the worst round in more than a year this weekend. On a course I usually do very good on (+3-4) I ended up 21 over par I just had to laugh about it to keep from getting too frustrated. So I'm hoping for a god rebound tomorrow since Im doing a day trip to play 5 courses. If I'm playing like I did Sunday, It'll be a long day.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Oh ya this def. has happened to me before. I haven't been playing that long and unfortunately only have 1 ace and about a week or two later I lost my champ orc and haven't found it or had another ace since, so that is pretty disappointing. Hopefully I'll get a couple more over the summer! Bang da chains!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
....Are there gnomes in the woods who steal discs? Did I somehow throw so fast that I turned it over into another dimension? Am I blind? I am so frustrated today! Anyone relate to this?

We call them trolls and, yes they do steal discs. If you listen carefully you can hear them laughing at you. They also move in other dimensions but your throw did not go that fast. You are not blind but if they don't want you to see them, you can't see them. Trolls are very clever and really like discs.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 4
Quote:
....Are there gnomes in the woods who steal discs? Did I somehow throw so fast that I turned it over into another dimension? Am I blind? I am so frustrated today! Anyone relate to this?
yes there are gnomes and tree gremlins.....it is possible that you might have thrown it fast enough to enter another dimension but more than likely it was a time space portal or opened up a gap and is now in someone else's bag ( some people actually do call )...... you could be blind but your spelling is good although you could be using a brail keyboard, if you are blind you could say you aced the hole and then gave the disc up to a charity auction btw I hope you have a brail monitor..... I understand the frustration and yes I can relate.....
Old 03-17-2009, 08:43 PM

Courses Played: 35
Why do I play this game?

I ask myself this nearly everytime I play, but then I have an amazing drive or fantastic putt. I have never had an ace but if I ever have one I will probably never throw that disc again.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 21
I lost the only disc I've ever hit an ace with about two weeks after I hit it. The worst part is that I didn't even lose it on a bad throw, I just left it where I was throwing from and forgot to put it in my bag.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 50
Send a message via AIM to _.-Dut-._
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
Some times discs do strange things. I lost one once where I thought I knew exactly were it went, and I never found it. I have also found discs in the middle of the fairway, and wondered' How did someone loose this?"
I lost my putter one time after missing a 30'er