Old 03-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
playing on the weekend

today sucked i had to warn multiple groups on each hole(kite flyers, hill rollers) because they were totally un aware they were on a disc golf course, one todller was tearin up the goal another guy was storing his golf club in the pen if it wasnt for the fact i showed 10 people about dg and talked one guy into giving it another try id been pretty pissed i tried to keep score for 18 but i just gave up and went home when i had to skip one hole twice, no more weekend play for me.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 119
Everyone wants to get outside when it starts to warm up especially after being all couped up inside for most of the winter. Although I just notieced you are from Texas, so I don't know that is the case there.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Banned

i dont get mad because they are on the course i mean its everybodys park and im not asking them to move they have right to be there but i also have a right to use that area in this situation its the parks fault for not puting up signs but there are alot of people who know where their at and just dont pay attention, i dont throw unless i get some eye contact so usally wait for 5 minutes then walk over there but when its every hole its pointless and not fun. the thing that sucked the most was i was the only one playing so i shouldnt have had to wait.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Banned

the rockets just beat the spurs and are now in first place so im kinda over it so i guess good karma pays off
Old 03-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 317
I hate this too when it happens, but what can you do when it happens except try to politely make these folks aware that they're walking into danger. We actually had some old fart park his ass in the middle of a difficult fairway at a tournament last week, and when people told him he'd be better off not sitting there, he got all cranky about it and needed some more persuasion to be convinced to move. The following round, people on my card had to yell at a mother and her two kids to get out of the way as they were meandering aimlessly around the basket we were shooting at. The first guy on my card decided to go for it, and after his disc made some noise passing through a nearby tree, they needed no further convincing to scram.

I've been sort of bummed because my "weekends" fall on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but when it comes to traffic and non-players on the disc course, I'm kind of thankful that predicament works in my favor.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned

as soon as they look i throw if they dont move when they saw me throw and it hits them i wont feel bad and if they take my disc i wont get into it with them ill just call the cops.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
i dont mind especially if we are in groups. one person goes down and spots while the others throw. the first one to throw goes down to relieve the spotter. works out pretty well actually.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 19
That's really the best thing about playing when its colder--no casual park goers. I can understand why everyone wants to get out when the weather is nice though. I had to warn several groups that I was ready to throw. Fortunately, there was mutual respect and everything was harmonious. I guess that areas that are pretty much a dedicated DG course or where the DG course is set up aways from the main park really shine this time of year. Now if people would just pick up after their pooches...
Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzinb View Post
That's really the best thing about playing when its colder--no casual park goers. I can understand why everyone wants to get out when the weather is nice though. I had to warn several groups that I was ready to throw. Fortunately, there was mutual respect and everything was harmonious. I guess that areas that are pretty much a dedicated DG course or where the DG course is set up aways from the main park really shine this time of year. Now if people would just pick up after their pooches...
you forgot to mention the other great thing about playing when its cold.....no freakin foliage - at least in the midwest!

Old 03-22-2009, 09:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 16
Yes I've been right there more times than I like to remember. There's a park not far from me that I just simply avoid on the weekends. Have any of you ever seen RVs parked across the fairways in your town? That's what happens from time to time at Wills Park in Roswell, GA whenever there's an equestrian event at the park. When it's really bad, you just have to skip #1 and #3 both.

I totally empathize with what y'all are expressing here, and I want to congratulate Omega for keeping his cool and using it as an opportunity to introduce some of the park goers to the sport. That's what being an ambassador of dg is all about.