Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 42
I'd enjoy it, but $600 a year isn't that appealing.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:57 PM

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmattarino View Post
Cart girls would be over doing it IMO. Maybe like a ball golf course have holes 1 & 10 positioned pretty close to the clubhouse or have a snack/drink bar set up at hole 10 and the clubhouse at hole 1.

Driving range would be expensive to start up but could be pretty sweet. "I would like 10 wraiths and 10 beasts please" I think that could make it kind of difficult. Unlike ball golf there are a lot more variables with the disc than a range ball. The only way I could see a "driving range" working is a big field and let them use their own discs. Maybe have some sample discs to throw that they can rent to throw around for a little bit and see if they like it before they buy it.

The putting green would be really cool. Just a bunch of baskets in a "putting only" area with various elevation changes and maybe an option to "rent the basket" for an extra couple bucks you could get the basket exclusively for 30 mins or something to work on putting.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. I think the biggest issue would probably be upkeep of course and facilities. Mainly the course. I wouldn't mind a $5-$10 a round course or $10-$20 day pass to play both courses as much as you want. I really wouldn't worry about the facilities starting off.

At any rate... Putting way more thought into this than I would have guessed. I'm leaving now...
Exactly what we were thinking with the putting greens and driving range/ open area. We threw around the idea of 50-60 dollars a month dues for as many rounds as you want to play a month. Making it semi private would definitely allow us to keep the disrespectful litter bugs away and have a great place for people who love the game to socialize and have a place to call their own. I will keep you informed. Take care my friend.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstockt View Post
Exactly what we were thinking with the putting greens and driving range/ open area. We threw around the idea of 50-60 dollars a month dues for as many rounds as you want to play a month. Making it semi private would definitely allow us to keep the disrespectful litter bugs away and have a great place for people who love the game to socialize and have a place to call their own. I will keep you informed. Take care my friend.
You could probably eliminate a lot of the "Disrespectful little bugs" by have trash cans on every hole. I don't litter but hanging on to empty bottles is kind of cumbersome.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmattarino View Post
You could probably eliminate a lot of the "Disrespectful little bugs" by have trash cans on every hole. I don't litter but hanging on to empty bottles is kind of cumbersome.
True but a lot of times even with tons of trash cans, people just donít care. I have even seen where people have knocked over entire trash cans. I think that if people really felt like they were a part of the place, everyone would want to make sure it stayed in tip top. I think the whole socializing aspect will bring a lot of likeminded people together and eventually some great tournaments and events could take place.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:07 PM

It would have to have a room for a poker table and ping pong table for afterhours until we could get some solar lights put up for night golf.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
for $50-60/mo it would need an indoor/outdoor pool and hottub with towel service, locker room, caddy, brothel, poker room, bar/restaurant/club/dj, rock climbing, basketball courts, loss prevention for discs, putt putt course, arcade, driving range, test drives of discs, open 24/7, and personal trainers.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
loss prevention for discs
If we can put microchips in pets, why not discs
Old 03-26-2009, 10:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 81
It will never work. Disc golfers are a poor lot. If they weren't they would be playing ball golf. Half of them spend what little money they have buying pot and/or beer and/or discs.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinding View Post
It will never work. Disc golfers are a poor lot. If they weren't they would be playing ball golf. Half of them spend what little money they have buying pot and/or beer and/or discs.
I agree. One of the things I love about disc golf is the low cost. I see myself playing a whole lot less ball golf this summer because of the fact that DG is free for the most part aside from the few courses I might pay $2-$3 to play at a particular course.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:04 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 31
I can see this working after we start seeing ESPN Disc Golf coverage. In the meantime I would hate to create any barriers that would prevent people from taking up the sport.