Disc Golf Center
  #1  
Old 11-21-2010, 03:48 PM
NateDiscFlip NateDiscFlip is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WestSideLPMichigan(topcoursesNMich)
Courses Played: 4
Posts: 1,087
Eagle Approved

All respect for those who can show off their abilities with the champion Eagle X. Picked up one of these the other day(inspired by all the hype) and the disc is amazing!

Are there any other discs/brands in the market that come close to this disc's ability?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Airfishey's Avatar
Airfishey Airfishey is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Van Meter, IA
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 68
Posts: 111
Love the eagle. Its money once you get the hang of it. I've heard the teebird is pretty similar. Just slightly more high speed stability and slightly less fade.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-21-2010, 04:32 PM
chickenonabun's Avatar
chickenonabun chickenonabun is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Appleton WI
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,806
Just from what i've heard about how it flies, i'm not sure why anybody would choose a eagle (X) over a teebird. A teebird if more wind resistant, and has less fade, so i would think it would be more straight and predicatble, it also has great glide, and i've heard the eagle doesn't have as much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-21-2010, 04:40 PM
toothyfish's Avatar
toothyfish toothyfish is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonabun View Post
Just from what i've heard about how it flies, i'm not sure why anybody would choose a eagle (X) over a teebird. A teebird if more wind resistant, and has less fade, so i would think it would be more straight and predicatble, it also has great glide, and i've heard the eagle doesn't have as much.
Have you ever actually thrown one? Not every shot is straight. The Eagle is a great line shaping disc, the Teebird does one thing: straight. The higher fade is nice on big annys, as it will rarely turn-and-burn since the fade tends to ensure it comes back to flat. Also great for control shots, hyzers, powered down S-shots, long sweeping hyzers, annys, everything.

The real essence of the Eagle is to get 2-4 in wear stages. Getting one beat in so it turns a touch more and glides more makes for an awesome line shaping disc. Try a DX to get there faster...

Last edited by toothyfish; 11-21-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-21-2010, 04:45 PM
EL-KABONG's Avatar
EL-KABONG EL-KABONG is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Courses Played: 17
Posts: 3,110
we tried to tell ya...
The star x'es are even better imo
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:29 PM
NateDiscFlip NateDiscFlip is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WestSideLPMichigan(topcoursesNMich)
Courses Played: 4
Posts: 1,087
Line-Making Masterpiece! The speed and glide are just enough that you can pull off some insane shots that normally I may not have the answer for other than to play it safe.

But is there any other discs out there that compare? Not that I would consider replacing this masterpiece
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Marmoset's Avatar
Marmoset Marmoset is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Christiansburg, VA
Years Playing: 14.3
Posts: 824
Nate-
is your EX one of those opaque grippy domey 12x Champs?
I recently discovered those and instantly fell in love. Even though I'm picking up 3 of the DGCR Star EXs I bought another 3 of those yummy Champs PRONTO. I shied away from the Champs originally because my 169g 11x Champ EX is like a Banshee and not at all what I wanted. So I only bought DX and Star after that. But these opaque 12x Champs are domey, grippy, have fabulous glide for an Eagle, and they are easily my favorite type of Eagle.
If you...
1. love the Eagle X
2. haven't tried one of these
3. have the extra money to fall in love with another type of Eagle
TRY THESE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:30 PM
toothyfish's Avatar
toothyfish toothyfish is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-KABONG View Post
we tried to tell ya...
The star x'es are even better imo
I'm working one in right now, in the nice glidy phase. I'm hoping it goes S-curvey on me...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
NateDiscFlip NateDiscFlip is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WestSideLPMichigan(topcoursesNMich)
Courses Played: 4
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
Nate-
is your EX one of those opaque grippy domey 12x Champs?
I recently discovered those and instantly fell in love. Even though I'm picking up 3 of the DGCR Star EXs I bought another 3 of those yummy Champs PRONTO. I shied away from the Champs originally because my 169g 11x Champ EX is like a Banshee and not at all what I wanted. So I only bought DX and Star after that. But these opaque 12x Champs are domey, grippy, have fabulous glide for an Eagle, and they are easily my favorite type of Eagle.
If you...
1. love the Eagle X
2. haven't tried one of these
3. have the extra money to fall in love with another type of Eagle
TRY THESE!!!
I am not sure if this is the same disc, but I am guessing it is by your description. Mine is bright yellow and doesn't have the disc ratings on it like the newer molds. If thrown str8, it is stable, but if you put snap on it, the disc does pretty much what ever you want it too.

First one I have thrown so I don't know much about it's history except that Climo approves it.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Marmoset's Avatar
Marmoset Marmoset is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Christiansburg, VA
Years Playing: 14.3
Posts: 824
If you can't see through it then it is probably the same type as mine.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.