Old 12-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
I got one in a players pack a few years ago. They have a ton of glide, kinda like the river almost. But a bit slower. Very nose angle forgiving. I can see someone with nose angle issues, but fairly smooth form throw one for 300' internet D and not throw a teebird much further.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 12:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
I have a first run kite if you want it... I'll sell it to your for 10 bucks, and I'll ship it for you.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
My wife liked kites until she learned how to really throw. She now likes PDs, Visions, Sidewinders, Leos etc.

She was thinking of trying one again for turnovers though.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 42
Im no Kite fan, but I believe this guy. There was a guy who regularly played my local course about two years ago who threw his kite for his furthest distance; i distinctly remember him getting it around 315' on a big hyzer. Thing is he also had an eagle that he had trouble getting 280'. I didnt know enough about form or discs at the time to realize how bizarre it was.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokirising View Post
The one I threw was a Star Kite. Ugh!
He loves him a Star Kite. I tried throwing a Skeeter but just could'nt "get it". If I cant do it with a Comet then I cant do it at all.....
Old 12-05-2010, 02:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 67
Old 12-05-2010, 12:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 15
No such thing as a truly bad disc, but some are just "unique" and will only work for a small few.

I had a Kite for a while, and what I can say is it is not nose angle sensitive at all, and could be hyzer-fipped for a long ways. ANy kind of wind though; and god knows where its going.

I beleive the guy. Im betting he just doesnt have the actual arm speed for the Teebird, but enough snap to get some spin on that Kite and it will glide a long ways.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:39 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 130
The Kite is like a Wolf in that most players will find it too flippy to be useful for anything but rollers, but every now and then I run into a Wolf savant who can throw the thing on a dime anywhere he wants to and beats me like a red-headed step child. I have not come across someone using a Kite like that, but I can see it happening. For low-power players or old Frisbee-type players who learned to play throwing flippy lids those discs could be the ticket. I can think of three guys in particular that I know that could probably take out 75% of this board rocking a Sonic/Wolf/Kite bag.

Last edited by Three Putt; 12-05-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Par Member

I think because its a new Star a little bit heavier than what I like to throw, and my week arm makes it more stable for me. I'll have to wait and see after it breaks in a bit if it gets flippy, which wont take too long cause i'll be throwing this on almost every hole. For now, its my new goto disc. Wish I tried this disc when I started playing two years ago, could have saved about $200. Really love that new R-pro Polecat also, them two disc will cover about 90% of my game. I just got my bag complete with 9 really good disc, and now I might just go with two (Kite & Polecat) lol.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 80
I had a Kite but it was 175 i think. I let my buddy use it for a round as I found it to do nothing different then normal mids I had, so I just put it in my back bag, He loved it. he was using it for a whole round (I mean it was a small throw and putt style place longest hole 250ish) but He loved it. some people do like it.