Old 12-11-2010, 08:15 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 817
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by magictenor1 View Post
I am off work for the holidays starting dec. 20th and would be interested in playing a round or 2 with you. I am in meridian but about an hour and a half from both jackson and hattiesburg. Good courses in both locations and not too far from jackson is roosevelt state park in morton. Shoot me a pm if interested.
Awesome, when I have a little bit more of a plan nailed down I'll let you know!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 12:15 PM
*Super Moderator*

I made a road trip for the way down, check it out and feel free to offer suggestions. Monday the 20th we'll hit a few courses in IL on the way down and spend the night in Memphis. Tuesday we'll hit a few courses in Memphis and head over toward Little Rock. Wednesday we'll head down into LA, then over toward Jackson, ending up in Gulfport Thursday evening.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:31 PM
*Super Moderator*

On the way back I think we're just going to hit a few courses in Mobile early morning on the 26th, then drive all day (and probably a chunk of the night) to get back to Chicago.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:47 AM
*Super Moderator*

Looks like the weather should be pretty nice, we're packing up today and leaving early tomorrow morning. Talked to the guy at Bud Hill, that's the stop I'm looking forward to most.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 12
it's supposed to be decent for 'Pothfest too!

h00ray for good weather
Old 12-21-2010, 01:30 AM
*Super Moderator*

Day 1 went well despite a later than expected start. We're in Memphis tonight with a handful of stops in Southern Illinois along the way:
Eastern Illinois University
Lake Land College
Neoga
Gilbert Park
Eagle Point

Had nice weather today, mid 30s, no wind, no precipitation. Looking forward to tomorrow, we're starting with Bud Hill and playing around Memphis for the day.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 235
I couldn't get the map to work for your routing but if you're going through New Orleans, then give Lafreniere Park a shot. Its on the west side of the city. Mobile has a few excellent courses with the best being the one on the University of South Alabama's campus. It has the best variety of any course down there. Also worth playing in Mobile is Cottage Hill (very technical and wooded) and Community Park/Langan (open, long, very scenic). They are all within about ten to fifteen minutes from each other as well and a short drive from I-65.

What day are you coming through Bowling Green, if I'm around I'll be happy to meet up for a round or two if you can swing it. There's a new course here that's tougher than any other in the BG area. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, I'll be on the road the next two days.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:19 PM
*Super Moderator*

Sorry, didn't see your message until too late to let you know we were just driving straight through on the way back weeman.

We ended up playing 25 courses in 6 states (TN, AR, LA, MS, AL and FL), and had a really fun trip. The route map isn't working because I accidentally put in too many stops and it got confused. The favorites from the trip were Bud Hill and The Rez, but there were some other fun ones too.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 740
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Sorry, didn't see your message until too late to let you know we were just driving straight through on the way back weeman.

We ended up playing 25 courses in 6 states (TN, AR, LA, MS, AL and FL), and had a really fun trip. The route map isn't working because I accidentally put in too many stops and it got confused. The favorites from the trip were Bud Hill and The Rez, but there were some other fun ones too.
Glad to see you made it to Bud Hill, there just is something awesome about a private course with its own little clubhouse! I loved it when I played there last year. Did you meet Danny? He was in the hospital when I came through town, so I played with another DGCR member sdervan.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post

No worries. Haven't gotten down to Bud Hill or the Memphis area yet but have played a few of the ones you hit up. Looking forward to seeing what you thought about the USA course and The Rez. I'd love to get back down there and play those again.