Disc Golf Store
Old 12-10-2010, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 740
Mead is the small one you played. It was originally 18 and the first course in the area. Yulga is a first rate example of a course with three great sets of tees; allowing for varied levels of play. It is a very flat course though. Standing Rocks is probably the gem of the area. Make sure you print out whatever info is available though; as they have 36+ holes in the ground and various layouts are in at various times. Standing Rocks can therefore be somewhat difficult to navigate. It's not a long course, but nice elevation and woods. Tourney layout there is very nice; and it's a well known and liked tourney, if you happen to be in the area at the right time. Eau Pleine, which is a bit north of Stevens Point is perhaps my favorite. Nice dual tees and a good course. Some given it a tough time for being a bit of a "tall grass off the fairways" style of course.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
I enjoyed yulga. Is the extra drive to eye pleine worth it instead of checking out standing rocks? The guys go dging while the ladies and kids swim in the pool, so time is a little issue. Hopefully we can check them all out, but which would you do first?
Old 12-10-2010, 11:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 740
Eau Pleine is longer, from the long tees. Standing Rocks is a classic old school design...with one of the newer layouts incorporating some of the tourney design elements and having some longer holes. If you're a big arm, Eau Pleine would be your choice, but it is a bit in nowhere land and a bit of a drive. Standing Rocks is also pay to play; $3 I think; could be $5. Standing Rocks is beautiful with the rocks and such; as it is closer, I would play there first.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 364
So I drove through the park over the weekend and it loks like they had tee markers out (posts) and possibly flags for pins.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 87
I was there (qca) for a week never got down there. I did get to milan 2. I love the quad cities.