Old 04-23-2012, 04:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 412Disc View Post
Price difference significant? I know the craze has died down a bit, but how much do brand new buzzz tooled and wasp tooled bar stamped buzzzes go for these days?
The prices are different because the buzzzes are molded slightly differently. The "wasp" tooled ones have a lower shoulder, and therefore are usually flatter, sometimes even concave.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:21 PM

aite so just created this act, been throwin since 2008 when i went to Western IL, liked it really fun and what not. i kno how to throw a frisbee and all the concepts but i could never get a solid throw using the back hand which it seems to be the most common throw type, so i went with an all muscle approach of mostly tomahawks and sidearms, i could get a side arm one a reli good throw a solid 300' and the toma roughly 200 and my toma's were fairly accurate and was my main throw, i got used to using a putter and could usally make a ten footer consitantly. i had no preferance on what disk i used or how i threw it, but now im at home which is is the South Side of Chicago for one, limited on courses unless i wanna drive an excess of 45 min which isnt bad to me but hard to drag friends along with. so to tie all this up any one know of any courses ive done Summit a couple of times and a course meadows in Lombard a couple but other then that or anyone who plays those courses have anything to say, and also some good disk for Tomahawk or Sidearm i just got a Champion Monarch and a Beast and havent gotten a putter yet but any ones to check out or anyone who has some suggestions on how to throw those ways better, but if for some reason this post upsets u cause i didnt read all 245 pgs to see if my question got asked or answer then just reply to some other ****, like i enjoy playing and am tryin to get better, so any help much appreciated
Old 04-30-2012, 06:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 31
There is a course section where you can ask where to play. You can check the equipment section for disc selection. You can list your bag in the bag suggestion section & get people to give opinions & suggestions.

I would also suggest you use more than one paragraph!!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35
Courses Played: 153
Throwing Style: LHBH
^^^ And more than 2 sentences.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post
^^^ And more than 2 sentences.
There were 3 actually
Old 04-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 23
English helps too. Seriously, when you're starting out, just grab any putter...cheapest you can find is probably the best. I'd suggest something stable for forehand shots, but I'm not a forehand shooter so I'm sure others know better. I'd suggest a TRex, Force, or Boss. Get a mid range disc too. Doesn't matter what...just something w/ a speed of 4 or 5.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by timoc View Post
when i went to Western IL,
I found the problem

U of I for life!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 14
Well, since the thread got bumped back up I might as well ask my question too. When someone says "Random Draw Doubles," does that mean that random doubles teams play each other, or that random people are matched together to make the doubles teams?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 31
We have random draw doubles. Players are divided into A & B pool according to skill. A players are randomly paired with a B player. That's pretty much it

Old 04-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.3
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethH View Post
Well, since the thread got bumped back up I might as well ask my question too. When someone says "Random Draw Doubles," does that mean that random doubles teams play each other, or that random people are matched together to make the doubles teams?
Random draw doubles means random people are matched up together as teams everywhere I have played.