Disc Golf Store
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 1
I keep mine in the car quite often, as long as you take a common sense approach it'll be fine. No cramming it up against stuff, don't keep anything heavy on top of it, etc.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:04 AM

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Is it better long term (3+ months) to store discs strait up and down or horizontal? It seems like there are disadvantages to both. If they are strait up and down then they might have the tendency to taco a little, but if you stack them flat, then the bottom ones may get their tops flattened.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwil2 View Post
Is it better long term (3+ months) to store discs strait up and down or horizontal? It seems like there are disadvantages to both. If they are strait up and down then they might have the tendency to taco a little, but if you stack them flat, then the bottom ones may get their tops flattened.
I would say store them upright. As long as you don't have anything on top they are not going to be warped. Half the weight of the disc ~90 grams shouldn't warp it unless its really hot where you store them.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:15 PM

I've only played twice. Are there any videos on how to throw better?
Old 05-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 27
plenty of videos on youtube
Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
I've only played twice. Are there any videos on how to throw better?
Find the Technique sticky in the Technique sub forum. Lots of links and videos to get started there.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:46 PM

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Delicious View Post
I throw my boss about 300', what should I try next?

BAD! Bad Noob! Stop throwing any driver whose speed is in the double digits. No I don't care how accurate/good you are with it. You are not as good as you think with it.

So ask away.
Looking for clarification on this. Personally I throw an XCaliber and get anywhere between 340-360ft consistently with it (372ft max). My question is, what should I be looking for to get 375-400ft consistently? Keep working on my form? Get a disc with slower speed? Look for a lighter disc (I think mine is 172gram)?

I read the first 20 pages, got tired of the random posts, and decided to post this. Sorry if it has been answered on prior pages.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie17 View Post
Looking for clarification on this. Personally I throw an XCaliber and get anywhere between 340-360ft consistently with it (372ft max). My question is, what should I be looking for to get 375-400ft consistently? Keep working on my form? Get a disc with slower speed? Look for a lighter disc (I think mine is 172gram)?

I read the first 20 pages, got tired of the random posts, and decided to post this. Sorry if it has been answered on prior pages.
i'd go with a slower speed, you should be able to get fairways (Leopards, Teebirds, Eagles, etc.) that far before you start throwing something that fast and overstable.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 PM

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfer947 View Post
i'd go with a slower speed, you should be able to get fairways (Leopards, Teebirds, Eagles, etc.) that far before you start throwing something that fast and overstable.
Thanks for the quick reply. I recently picked up a Starfire(10 speed), and get between 325-350 which has a speed rating 2 less than the XCaliber (12 speed). If I go lower than that, to my Valkyrie (9 Speed), I turn the disc over nearly evertime. If I go lower still to my Gazelle (6 speed) and release it at a very hard Hyzer, it goes 330-360.

Heh, I have consistency issues which could be playing into all the problems with my throw for each of these discs. hah!

Old 05-23-2012, 12:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie17 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I recently picked up a Starfire(10 speed), and get between 325-350 which has a speed rating 2 less than the XCaliber (12 speed). If I go lower than that, to my Valkyrie (9 Speed), I turn the disc over nearly evertime. If I go lower still to my Gazelle (6 speed) and release it at a very hard Hyzer, it goes 330-360.

Heh, I have consistency issues which could be playing into all the problems with my throw for each of these discs. hah!
could be a form issue too. but stick to the slow stuff. how do you throw?