Disc Golf Store
  #2821  
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Violets caddy Violets caddy is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 1,170
I keep mine in the car quite often, as long as you take a common sense approach it'll be fine. No cramming it up against stuff, don't keep anything heavy on top of it, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #2822  
Old 05-22-2012, 09:04 AM
gregwil2 gregwil2 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: O'Fallon, IL
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 32
Is it better long term (3+ months) to store discs strait up and down or horizontal? It seems like there are disadvantages to both. If they are strait up and down then they might have the tendency to taco a little, but if you stack them flat, then the bottom ones may get their tops flattened.
Reply With Quote
  #2823  
Old 05-22-2012, 09:32 AM
JSurmann's Avatar
JSurmann JSurmann is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwil2 View Post
Is it better long term (3+ months) to store discs strait up and down or horizontal? It seems like there are disadvantages to both. If they are strait up and down then they might have the tendency to taco a little, but if you stack them flat, then the bottom ones may get their tops flattened.
I would say store them upright. As long as you don't have anything on top they are not going to be warped. Half the weight of the disc ~90 grams shouldn't warp it unless its really hot where you store them.
Reply With Quote
  #2824  
Old 05-22-2012, 04:15 PM
TBatt TBatt is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 1
I've only played twice. Are there any videos on how to throw better?
Reply With Quote
  #2825  
Old 05-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Snore's Avatar
Snore Snore is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 157
plenty of videos on youtube
Reply With Quote
  #2826  
Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
I've only played twice. Are there any videos on how to throw better?
Find the Technique sticky in the Technique sub forum. Lots of links and videos to get started there.
Reply With Quote
  #2827  
Old 05-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Howie17 Howie17 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toledo, OH
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Delicious View Post
I throw my boss about 300', what should I try next?

BAD! Bad Noob! Stop throwing any driver whose speed is in the double digits. No I don't care how accurate/good you are with it. You are not as good as you think with it.


So ask away.
Looking for clarification on this. Personally I throw an XCaliber and get anywhere between 340-360ft consistently with it (372ft max). My question is, what should I be looking for to get 375-400ft consistently? Keep working on my form? Get a disc with slower speed? Look for a lighter disc (I think mine is 172gram)?

I read the first 20 pages, got tired of the random posts, and decided to post this. Sorry if it has been answered on prior pages.
Reply With Quote
  #2828  
Old 05-23-2012, 12:49 PM
DiscGolfer947's Avatar
DiscGolfer947 DiscGolfer947 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Freedom, Wi
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie17 View Post
Looking for clarification on this. Personally I throw an XCaliber and get anywhere between 340-360ft consistently with it (372ft max). My question is, what should I be looking for to get 375-400ft consistently? Keep working on my form? Get a disc with slower speed? Look for a lighter disc (I think mine is 172gram)?

I read the first 20 pages, got tired of the random posts, and decided to post this. Sorry if it has been answered on prior pages.
i'd go with a slower speed, you should be able to get fairways (Leopards, Teebirds, Eagles, etc.) that far before you start throwing something that fast and overstable.
Reply With Quote
  #2829  
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Howie17 Howie17 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toledo, OH
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfer947 View Post
i'd go with a slower speed, you should be able to get fairways (Leopards, Teebirds, Eagles, etc.) that far before you start throwing something that fast and overstable.
Thanks for the quick reply. I recently picked up a Starfire(10 speed), and get between 325-350 which has a speed rating 2 less than the XCaliber (12 speed). If I go lower than that, to my Valkyrie (9 Speed), I turn the disc over nearly evertime. If I go lower still to my Gazelle (6 speed) and release it at a very hard Hyzer, it goes 330-360.

Heh, I have consistency issues which could be playing into all the problems with my throw for each of these discs. hah!
Reply With Quote
 

  #2830  
Old 05-23-2012, 12:59 PM
plastic cannon's Avatar
plastic cannon plastic cannon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eugene, ORYGUN
Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie17 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I recently picked up a Starfire(10 speed), and get between 325-350 which has a speed rating 2 less than the XCaliber (12 speed). If I go lower than that, to my Valkyrie (9 Speed), I turn the disc over nearly evertime. If I go lower still to my Gazelle (6 speed) and release it at a very hard Hyzer, it goes 330-360.

Heh, I have consistency issues which could be playing into all the problems with my throw for each of these discs. hah!
could be a form issue too. but stick to the slow stuff. how do you throw?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Disc Golf Center

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.