Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 32.6
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekid137 View Post
Okay another question.. Does weight have any affect on how much a disc fade at the end. So if I had two Champ Valk one was 160g and the other was 170g would they both tail off the same at the end if there was no wind whatsoever.
If they were both from the same run, then most likely yes, you wont be able to see any difference.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
NOOB QUESTION: How do I add 'Throwing Style:' 'Courses Played:' 'Years Played:' to my profile
Old 06-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by diskhead View Post
NOOB QUESTION: How do I add 'Throwing Style:' 'Courses Played:' 'Years Played:' to my profile
Click on "My Dashboard" at the top of the screen.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
When Innova first introduced CE plastic, it was the leader in durability over thier other choices, which were the DX and Pro blends.

The new plastic held its original flight characteristics far longer than anything else they had made, by far, tree hit after tree hit, crash landing after crash landing.

The one downside it had was, it got slick when it was wet. or cold, which made it hard to grip.

Star was introduced to have a plastic that offered better durability than Pro , or DX, but superior grip, in any conditions.

It does this VERY WELL.

The best feeling plastic from most companies, including Lat GL, Westside Tourney, and Star, are all very similar, and also the most expensive.

Star does beat in faster than Champ, but thats not always a bad thing.
A disc usually gains glide as it wears, extending its distance, Star just gets to the sweet spot faster than Champ does.

It just depends on what you want the disc to do for you, and how soon.

I dont mind paying more for Star plastic, I prefer the grip over Champion, its worth the extra buck or two.

Echo is a scam though.
Thanks man, I've only been in the game for about two years so it's good to know the history of it.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 27
So, I thought I would add a few thoughts here that I have when putting. If anyone wants to chime in, feel free. This is a list I made for myself when I'm practicing and hopefully creating muscle memory, but also something I can refer to if my putting isn't going so well during a round.

1. Think Ballerina: Smooth amd Graceful Movement

2. Rock back and forth a few times before you putt so you remember to push off

3. Graceful leg extension in conjunction with arm and wrist extension. This gives me balance, like two opposing levers.

4. Pinch disc with thumb and bird finger to create a pivot point (even tho they don't exactly line up)
**Side Note: how come no one on DGCR ever told me to apply pressure with my thumb and finger? I have struggled w/my putter looking like a wounded duck for 3 yrs!**

5. Vertebral extension on follow-thru w/small amt of Anny on long putts. Mostly created by fully extending my body and arm towards the basket.

6. Take your time, you have 30 seconds.

Last edited by U_NICED_ME; 06-28-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 12
I forget to push off when I putt sometimes and it always goes either low or short. But when I remember to reach for the basket and push off I make a good deal more putts.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

And last but not least:

Don't Be Lazy
Old 06-29-2012, 12:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 12
Double post. Stupid interwebz.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
I forget to push off when I putt sometimes and it always goes either low or short. But when I remember to reach for the basket and push off I make a good deal more putts.
I do the same thing. It is total extension of every part of your body towards the basket.

I shouldn't have said "twist" in my original post, what Elaine King does is not so much a twist as it is arcing of her back to get that Anny Angle with her putter. It's pretty much the same form: 'sticking your chest out and bending your spine backwards' on an anny drive.

Elaine's putt is money...probably up to 40 ft.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_NICED_ME View Post
4. Pinch disc with thumb and bird finger to create a pivot point (even tho they don't exactly line up)
**Side Note: how come no one on DGCR ever told me to apply pressure with my thumb and finger? I have struggled w/my putter looking like a wounded duck for 3 yrs!**
Thanks for this tid bit..... I had been cradling the bead with my dip joint (farthest joint from knuckle) of my index finger and placing most of the pressure between that and thumb. Result..... wounde duck. Just switched to mip on my index finger and pinching with my middle finger and thumb and now they look pretty.... and hopefully catch the chains better.