Disc Golf Store
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Delicious View Post
BAD! Bad Noob! Stop throwing any driver whose speed is in the double digits. No I don't care how accurate/good you are with it. You are not as good as you think with it.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 9
Mad distance for me would be around 320ish... since ive been playin for six months or so. I am able to get the wraith a further but who knows how much further its actually going. I dont carry around a Ruler.
I could throw a disc from end zone to end zone on afoot ball field with maybe 20 feet past that so. whats that like 320 feet???
Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephb. View Post
Mad distance for me would be around 320ish... since ive been playin for six months or so. I am able to get the wraith a further but who knows how much further its actually going. I dont carry around a Ruler.
I could throw a disc from end zone to end zone on afoot ball field with maybe 20 feet past that so. whats that like 320 feet???
I think goal post to goal post is 360
Old 01-23-2013, 07:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Maybe try a pro wraith. There are a contingency of folks who say the wraith flies best in pro. More durable than DX, but not so much so as champ. With that said though, I think the Latitude64 Flow is a great alternative.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarps View Post
I think goal post to goal post is 360
I dont know what it is... BUt it seems likeits way further than that.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
Maybe try a pro wraith. There are a contingency of folks who say the wraith flies best in pro. More durable than DX, but not so much so as champ. With that said though, I think the Latitude64 Flow is a great alternative.
I just got me a Pro Wraith... I havent field tested it yet. Its 175... max weight.
And as for the Lat Plastics... I heard they are understable disces. I have a river once and it was very nose sensitive. Did not like. Traded it for the Pro Wraith.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
I just got me a Pro Wraith... I havent field tested it yet. Its 175... max weight.
And as for the Lat Plastics... I heard they are understable disces. I have a river once and it was very nose sensitive. Did not like. Traded it for the Pro Wraith.
Not all Latitude discs are understable. They actually make more stable to overstable discs than anything. Some of them are nose angle sensitive due to the magic that is Latitudes glide. To throw a river far, you kinda have to throw it at 80ish% and smooth. The flow is kinda like a faster river, but will act more overstable if you're not getting it up to speed.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:01 PM
DGCR Vendor

Quote:
Just to reiterate what plastic cannon said, here are a few discs from Latitude 64 that are definitely overstable:

XXX Trident Blitz Villain
Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
I dont know what it is... BUt it seems likeits way further than that.
It is 360 feet. My advice would be to learn how to throw a teebird or eagle that far.

Honestly if you're turning over your valk, probably a little bit of OAT creeping in. Off axis torque. Basically rolling your wrist over and strongarming the disc. Look into it.

A wraith is a good step up from a valk. That or a champ beast. I recommend a pro wraith. Before that though I recommend an eagle X. Its basically a slower wraith
Kinda.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
It is 360 feet. My advice would be to learn how to throw a teebird or eagle that far.

Honestly if you're turning over your valk, probably a little bit of OAT creeping in. Off axis torque. Basically rolling your wrist over and strongarming the disc. Look into it.

A wraith is a good step up from a valk. That or a champ beast. I recommend a pro wraith. Before that though I recommend an eagle X. Its basically a slower wraith
Kinda.
I notice i do roll my wrist sometimes when the disc turns way over. i practice releasing the disc nice and straight. when i release the wraith straight, it goes about 20 feet to the right then fades back to the left.

My bag consist of 3 wraiths 4 valks 2 eagles 2 tl 5 rocs 2 sharks and 4 putters.