#4041  
Old 09-26-2013, 10:45 PM
hazzard magnet hazzard magnet is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Long Island
Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3
Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll stick to driving my dx leopard 150g off the tee. It seems to go where I want it.
Reply With Quote
  #4042  
Old 09-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Thrival Time Thrival Time is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Portland (area), OR
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
FINE, I will answer my own question

Hyzer and Anhyzer are release angles, not flight paths. You can not throw a disc flat and watch it hyzer.



Answers a question I asked on a different thread...
Reply With Quote
  #4043  
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Thrival Time Thrival Time is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Portland (area), OR
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 84
If I am between 100-150 feet with RHBH, what distance should I average before putting my valkyries and Avenger SS back in my bag?
Reply With Quote
  #4044  
Old 09-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Thrival Time Thrival Time is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Portland (area), OR
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzard magnet View Post
Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll stick to driving my dx leopard 150g off the tee. It seems to go where I want it.
I am still fairly new, but still use the same disc and weight for some holes when I tee off. If it is a shorter distance, I also use a Buzzz.
Reply With Quote
  #4045  
Old 09-26-2013, 11:06 PM
plastic cannon's Avatar
plastic cannon plastic cannon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eugene, ORYGUN
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrival Time View Post
If I am between 100-150 feet with RHBH, what distance should I average before putting my valkyries and Avenger SS back in my bag?
300 or so. Stick to mids and putters for now. The Valk and Avenger are speed 9 and 10. Once you get to around 250 with a mid, pick up something like a Leopard and get that thing to 300. Then move up to bigger drivers.
Reply With Quote
  #4046  
Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Thrival Time Thrival Time is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Portland (area), OR
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
300 or so. Stick to mids and putters for now. The Valk and Avenger are speed 9 and 10. Once you get to around 250 with a mid, pick up something like a Leopard and get that thing to 300. Then move up to bigger drivers.
thanks, that helps. I pulled them out because I don't have the mechanics for that level yet, but didn't know when I would want to add them back.
Reply With Quote
  #4047  
Old 09-26-2013, 11:28 PM
plastic cannon's Avatar
plastic cannon plastic cannon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eugene, ORYGUN
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrival Time View Post
thanks, that helps. I pulled them out because I don't have the mechanics for that level yet, but didn't know when I would want to add them back.
I mean, you can throw anything you want whenever you want, but taking steps is really helpful. I had to do exactly that about a year and a half or more ago. Only threw mids and putters for about two months and got back into drivers and threw them a lot farther and a lot cleaner.
Reply With Quote
  #4048  
Old 10-03-2013, 05:57 PM
spahnandsain's Avatar
spahnandsain spahnandsain is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hickory, NC
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 159
So, I am headed down to Rock Hill Saturday and wanted to buy a USDGC roc. I checked out the list of rocs on the USDGC site and saw how some are number differently than others (to 25, to 50, to 1, etc). I guess my question is do you know how rare the roc is (like is it on the certificate) or do you just have to buy it, then check how many where made of that particular one? Is there different pricing for the one number to 5 than the one numbered to 99? Never been there and any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4049  
Old 10-04-2013, 02:39 AM
plastic cannon's Avatar
plastic cannon plastic cannon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eugene, ORYGUN
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,123
The more rare the Roc is the more it will be worth historically speaking. If its a 1/5 and people dig them, yes they will be more valuable then say a 1/200 or however many were ran.
Reply With Quote
 

  #4050  
Old 10-04-2013, 09:29 AM
spahnandsain's Avatar
spahnandsain spahnandsain is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hickory, NC
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by spahnandsain View Post
So, I am headed down to Rock Hill Saturday and wanted to buy a USDGC roc. I checked out the list of rocs on the USDGC site and saw how some are number differently than others (to 25, to 50, to 1, etc). I guess my question is do you know how rare the roc is (like is it on the certificate) or do you just have to buy it, then check how many where made of that particular one? Is there different pricing for the one number to 5 than the one numbered to 99? Never been there and any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
The more rare the Roc is the more it will be worth historically speaking. If its a 1/5 and people dig them, yes they will be more valuable then say a 1/200 or however many were ran.
Thanks for the reply, I hope my question made sense. So why wouldn't everyone go to the proshop and buy 1/5 rocs?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.