Old 11-11-2013, 10:49 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 815
Throwing Style: RHBH
Should have mentioned, stick with DX or KC pro on the rocs, they season nicely and fly better than any of the premium versions out there.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Should have mentioned, stick with DX or KC pro on the rocs, they season nicely and fly better than any of the premium versions out there.
Co-sign this and also advise you to get Rocs with a gradual dome. Not pancake flat and not really domey where you can push in the flight plate aka pop top. Stay away from the waxy feeling DX plastic (feels similar to R-Pro) for durability purposes.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 10
Is there supposed to be a noticeable flight or plastic difference between a teebird that has the number 12x on it versus "twelve time" spelt out? I've seen people looking for a specific version, but am curious as to why.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
with many discs/molds you can tell when it was run from the company by the different stamps-- in the case of the TeeBird there are tons of slightly different molds with different flights, grip, and other small factors from plus rims to domey vs flat etc.

People that throw innova can be very crazy about WHAT exact innova mold they are trying to buy or replace as innova is historic for changing up molds. I personally cannot tell you why someone would want a spelled out 12x vs a numerical one but they likely are a little crazy and just need to throw some more teebirds. People like KC Pro CAL tooled, 11x blah blah, CE TeeBirds, Brinters (OS TB), CFR runs which are domey and flat or opaque/pearly..

basically it boils down to a very small specific preference to a certain mold and if it was changed or unique etc and the stamp or tooling is how those differing flight characteristics can be identified.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Par Member

^^the "twelve" times are just more gummy and grip better (that one is MHO) where the "12x" can be abit stiffer I have both because its hard to find the"twelve" so if you have some pm me lol
Old 11-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 10
I have a twelve spelled out, but it's one of my favorite discs (out of the measly 10 that I have).
Old 11-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 27
Yo.. Picked up a Opto Pure, bright yellow 176.. I want 4 more now ... where do I find NOW ? ..difficulty, my try out baby has a lot of excess flash which gives me confidence beach tossing stable
Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDSM View Post
Yo.. Picked up a Opto Pure, bright yellow 176.. I want 4 more now ... where do I find NOW ? ..difficulty, my try out baby has a lot of excess flash which gives me confidence beach tossing stable
Old 11-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDSM View Post
Um, I see one question in this post. The answer to that question would presumably be where you got the first one. Or at a disc golf store. Or click one of the two banner ads on any given page on this website and have them shipped to you. I don't know if this helped but good luck.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 46
^awesome.