Disc Golf Store
  #511  
Old 12-19-2010, 06:58 PM
mashnut's Avatar
mashnut mashnut is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 815
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 13,810
Z and Elite Z are the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old 12-19-2010, 06:59 PM
matrix2113's Avatar
matrix2113 matrix2113 is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,014
thought so, just clarification. In what I've seen, some Z looks more like Pro/Elite X, and some looks like Champ, so I thought that might have been it, but I didn't think there was a difference.
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
agent_peebody's Avatar
agent_peebody agent_peebody is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portage, IN
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 8,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix2113 View Post
thought so, just clarification. In what I've seen, some Z looks more like Pro/Elite X, and some looks like Champ, so I thought that might have been it, but I didn't think there was a difference.
the cloudier plastic has a weighting agent (makes the disc heavier). most of the max weight buzzzes are cloudy/pearly for this reason
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:03 PM
gsuslikesme's Avatar
gsuslikesme gsuslikesme is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Angleton, TX
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 10
Posts: 8
I play at a course that does not have tee boxes...only poles to mark the holes. On every hole there is a worn out area where you can tell that most people throw from. But my question is, can I throw from the other side of the pole? If so...how far from the pole can I stand/tee off when I throw? I looked at the PDGA rules, but I could not discern an answer.
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:03 PM
agent_peebody's Avatar
agent_peebody agent_peebody is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portage, IN
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 8,701
i've got no idea about that one
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Frank Delicious Frank Delicious is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Courses Played: 46
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsuslikesme View Post
I play at a course that does not have tee boxes...only poles to mark the holes. On every hole there is a worn out area where you can tell that most people throw from. But my question is, can I throw from the other side of the pole? If so...how far from the pole can I stand/tee off when I throw? I looked at the PDGA rules, but I could not discern an answer.
You have to throw from the designated tee box area. If the area is worn down from others teeing there, that is the tee box and you have to throw from there.

Someone should have the course maintainers mark the boxes with flags for clarity.
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:09 PM
agent_peebody's Avatar
agent_peebody agent_peebody is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portage, IN
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 8,701
hmm, you could argue that you didn't know which side of the pole to throw from

just because there is a worn patch where others tee from, doesn't necessarily mean that's the right side of the pole.

*just playing devil's advocate on this one*
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:10 PM
thrembo's Avatar
thrembo thrembo is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Port Charlotte, Fl
Years Playing: 39.3
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Delicious View Post
You have to throw from the designated tee box area. If the area is worn down from others teeing there, that is the tee box and you have to throw from there.

Someone should have the course maintainers mark the boxes with flags for clarity.
Mabye courses like that should periodicly move the tee off areas sorta like they do on ball golf courses?
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Frank Delicious Frank Delicious is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Courses Played: 46
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_peebody View Post
hmm, you could argue that you didn't know which side of the pole to throw from

just because there is a worn patch where others tee from, doesn't necessarily mean that's the right side of the pole.

*just playing devil's advocate on this one*
It is the understood tee box since that is where everyone else tees from. That is why I suggested some flags, they would clear up any arguments people would level.
Reply With Quote
 

  #520  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:13 PM
agent_peebody's Avatar
agent_peebody agent_peebody is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portage, IN
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 8,701
well, i didn't see any flags, so i argued
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.