Old 02-08-2016, 09:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Default 21.5mm drivers

We should be hearing news about this class in the near future(at least I hope) and I figured it was time to start a thread.

I think they should change up their thinking this time. Instead of making 4 discs slightly less stable than their MVP counterparts, they should make one disc in between the phase/photon and wave/orbital and two discs between the photon and wave. The orbital is plenty US so making a disc more US just doesn't make sense to me. Also, I am sure having a disc a tick more OS than a Wave would be welcomed by many. Then you make a big brother to the wrath/crave flight.

Just my 2cents...
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 29

Maybe it's just my arm, but the Wrath is more stable than the Crave to me. I would like something straighter than the Wrath, less fade but still HSS. But overall, I agree. Making slightly different discs just gets people to carry one or the other. I've leaned toward the Axiom side of things with everything except the Inertia, which I prefer to the Insanity. At least from my pocket, MVP has lost money on their main line up do to the "slightly worn in" trend. I have pretty much just waited for the Axiom counterpart on every newer release lately.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:08 AM

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 9

I agree that making every slot a more understable MVP disc is tiring, and an odd strategy in my opinion. Make good discs that stand on their own, if I want a beat in MVP disc I'll beat in an MVP disc. They do have some unique molds and those are enjoying their popularity, so hopefully they will use Axiom to fill in their lineup rather than just copy it.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:09 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 116

Have you tried a relay zen? I think wrath needs seasoning b4 being like a crave too. Axiom definitely could put out na sseasoned photon mold. My 166g beat up photon has just a little turn from flat and not much fade st all compared to the freshies. Its straighter compared to the super light photons but still not HSS like a crave/wrath/volt once beat up. A solid hss driver with minimal fade - 12 speed seasoned volt/crave off the shelf sounds grrrrrrreat.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:10 AM
* Ace Member *

It could be the speed difference between the two that makes the wrath seem more OS. Also, the softer N wrath I had(until I threw it in a lake Saturday) hadn't really changed much since I got it. Whereas the stiff N crave I have used since may has beaten into an almost dead straight flight.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:16 AM
* Ace Member *

^ May 2014 for that crave...
Old 02-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Have you tried a relay zen? I think wrath needs seasoning b4 being like a crave too. Axiom definitely could put out na sseasoned photon mold. My 166g beat up photon has just a little turn from flat and not much fade st all compared to the freshies. Its straighter compared to the super light photons but still not HSS like a crave/wrath/volt once beat up. A solid hss driver with minimal fade - 12 speed seasoned volt/crave off the shelf sounds grrrrrrreat.
I haven't tried a Relay yet. I wanted to play in last year's Circuit, but something came up. I decided after to just wait for the Axiom variant. It does look like a sweet disc though. I am going to try harder to make it this year and try out all the new molds.

I don't throw my Wrath enough to have beaten it up at all yet, so that might be most of my experience with it. I typically use my fresher Crave into headwinds unless they are extreme, then I pull out the Wrath or XXX.

I bought my friend a 155 N Photon that I dyed for him. I want to give it a throw to see if it's the longer Crave I want. It felt really good in the hand when I was dying it.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 6

I definitely agree they do not need anything more understable than an Orbital. I honestly am not all that excited about Axiom 21.5 mm class. I want Axiom to do the Volt class. Really bad. Like really really bad.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:21 PM
* Ace Member *

If they can make an orbital like disc that has a better(lets be honest that wing is just horrible when it hits the ground) wing for throwing consistent rollers, then maybe I could see them going more US. Other than that I don't see why they would even bother.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:32 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Buried in last month's news was a note about Axiom's three 21.5 class models falling in between the four MVPs from that class, rather than the worn-in stability approach of 20mm